Mesa 2:50 VS RT2/50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Latch

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using a mesa 2:50 power amp with my RM4 for a while. It sounds great. However, I leave the mesa presence setting at 0 since it isn't progressive at all. It does almost nothing until 2 o'clock and then adds a lot of treble quickly. Too much for my taste.

How does the presence know of the RT2:50 act and what does the density one bring?

Cheers

Mattfig said:
I never used the Mesa you have so I can't compare...I can tell you that the RT2/50 rules! Easy biasing, plenty of tube choices and very even and well responding pres and dens knobs...I love mine...
Exactly the same feelings here.
The prescence and density are smooth and even.

Density is basically a bass counterpart of the prescence knob.
It boosts the low bass, but in a different spectrum and character than module EQ.
If I run the density full open, the walls start shaking haha

I mostly run it at 9 o clock, to add a bit of body without aggrevating the bassplayer ;)
If you play rythm, or are the only guitarplayer in the band it allows you to fill out the sound a bit more as well.

I used to run my density at 9 oclock for years, lately I've been getting more aggressive with it, shake those walls!

crankyrayhanky said:
I used to run my density at 9 oclock for years, lately I've been getting more aggressive with it, shake those walls!
:lol: haha, my bassist already has enough power to shake concrete walls to the ground.
Adding density beyong 12 basically means looking for a new rehearsal space ;)

Do you have two guitarists in the band Ray?

Our bass player wants to be our 2nd guitarist, and he can do it....but it's hard to find another bass player. These days it's hard to even get a live practice together, basically a studio band between myself and the vocalist