Mesa Triaxis?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one years ago, it's nice but sold it after i got my RM4, it does the Mark family decently well, but it was semi lacking in the dynamics department. Some of the mod clips I hear from Pete sound pretty close to the higher gain "channels".

triaxis is a great unit, one of the best pre's
if you have a chance to try one

I had a friend who had one in his live rig and it sounded good. It really didn't sound like anything but a Mesa. If you ask me the MTS series is a much better sounding setup. For one thing you get more actual tube stages in MTS circuitry. It's more dynamic sounding and tweakable. From mods to the preamp modules to changing out different tubes, you can really get in there and dial in more variety. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

I'm all MTS now....But the Triaxis is awesome...I used it alongside a similar ADA preamp that was equally cool...

If you're in a pinch and need some quiet recording...They are great...I don't know about live use, I mean, it would be ok...But better for recording...