Mod for the old clean card

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouPortugues

Reaction score
So-
I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of my rig (and 7 of the other amps I have lying around). I gues my big complaint with it is that I cant get a good clean tone out of anything, which I suspect is the clean card. I have heard not alot of good things, mine is particularly boomy and breaks up too quick, but whatcha gonna do.
Anyone know of any mods to tone down the bottom end (alot) and soften the highs just a tad?
Thanks

The clean mod doesn't have a very good reputation. I haven't played particularly with one but i owned a blackface and that module has a great clean tone. Go to youtube and try to listen to some of the clips that are there, maybe you will like it....

Has anyone messed around with different tube compliments for this card to clean up the tone?

I also notice that main has a huge differene in gain than the other cards, ie I have the volume on my clean at 2 or 3 oclock, whereas most of the other ones dont make it past noon.

Same here, in the beginning my clean mod would breakup when I used guitars with hotter pickups (EMGs) -- then I did the mod and that solved the issue.
I guess you could also try swapping in some 12AT7's which are lower gain tubes to see if that helped...

jimosity said:
I guess you could also try swapping in some 12AT7's which are lower gain tubes to see if that helped...

But does that change the huge discrepancy in volumes between modules?