• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

modded 1086 and ultra FS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Ultra has had a LOT of changes... this one has extended low and highs, and a thicker tone - it's better for high gain leads than rhythms, but you can dial it in for rhythms too. Pull knob on gain goes from tight to VERY fat, pull knob on master goes from close to XL to a beefier fuller midrange tone. Gets feedback easily when set to 1/2 gain with a decent set of pickups. Nice thing about the feedback at 1/2 gain is that the bright switch still will affect the tone - bright switches do nothing when your gain knob is maxed on most amps. Two pics of the Ultra - it does have an LED, just washed out in the flash pic. You can see the 'reflection' of the blue LED on the second pic.

lead_module.jpg

lead_module2.jpg

I also have a 1086 with the infamous "Mailman mod". I don't have the stock 1086 faceplate for it, so I have a '1087' faceplate on order for it. When the faceplate comes in, I can mount it up. Since it hasn't been fully assembled, buyer can choose LED color. Should ship to you by end of next week. It was my 'prototype' and is a little cruder than if you had me do a 1086 mod. I can clean it up a bit inside if wanted, or leave it as is. Also, this module DOES have some solder on the connectors where it plugs into the amp. This was a module that didn't work in every amp - after putting a small amount of solder on the connectors, it worked in both my RM100s in each slot, both my RM20s, both slots of my RM50, and all four slots of an RM4. Because of the solder, I'm going to knock a few bucks off it.

artist rendition of the 1087 plate...
1087.jpg

So...

$299 Heavily modded Ultra
$275 1087 module
add $10 for shipping

Any questions? EMAIL me at okstrat (at) Cox (dot) net. My inbox here fills up really fast. Thanks!

Dave got the 1087, crazy flame plate mod done on an ultra chassis still available!

shred-o-holic said:
******!!!!!!!!! :oops: :roll: :cry: :lol:

Unbelievable........ :?

Jim, shoot me an email... I have another 1086 in transit to me - should have it done in a few weeks. If you want you can have dibs.

Pete

okstrat said:
shred-o-holic said:
******!!!!!!!!! :oops: :roll: :cry: :lol:

Unbelievable........ :?

Jim, shoot me an email... I have another 1086 in transit to me - should have it done in a few weeks. If you want you can have dibs.

Pete

Oh awesome man..........you don't know how many times a day I come here looking for one of these... ROFL@me...:lol: :oops: :lol:

okstrat said:
Super-Crazy-Modded Ultra with flame plate still available!

Based on your description...does it get closer the the XTC with the mods?

JKD said:
okstrat said:
Super-Crazy-Modded Ultra with flame plate still available!

Based on your description...does it get closer the the XTC with the mods?

This module has more mids than the XTC and is thicker sounding. Not as clear as the xtc... I voiced it for easy feedback and high sustain. It's not as throaty as the orange mod I do to the rectos... it makes for a versatile module IMHO. Can also do rhythms with it, but with the bass set to fat and the extra mids, it FEELS as good as it sounds... I know that sounds weird, but that's how it is - a sustainy, fat lead tone with complex mids.

Pete

Steve-

Buy the modded XL and we'll ship the modded 1086 and XL back and fourth to each other and drive ourselves crazy... :lol: :twisted:

shred-o-holic said:
Steve-

Buy the modded XL and we'll ship the modded 1086 and XL back and fourth to each other and drive ourselves crazy... :lol: :twisted:

I'm already freakin' crazy but I can't afford food right now ;)

JKD said:
shred-o-holic said:
Steve-

I'm already freakin' crazy but I can't afford food right now ;)

I'll mail you two slices of bread with the 1086... :lol:

Latest posts