Module Thumb Screw... How to

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

Reaction score
My recently acquired RM50 is having problems... since I took out the chassis to check the fuses I decided I'd try and fix the 1st problem that occurred.

I have a Broken thumb screw mount on one side of a module slot. As I took out the module, the little screw holder thing fell into the amp. How do these things connect? What a stupid design. I took apart all the brackets and this little thing doesn't have threads or anything.

Super Glue?

Anyone know how these secure? Is it a Rivet?

I can't be the only one besides this guy that has had this happen. I did search.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=4912&highlight=module+screw

As much as I'm liking this amp and digging the tones I have a feeling it's not going much further than the studio. These are Made IN America... what's up?

Thanks,
Sid

Don't mess with it. Take it in and have the remains of the screw "tapped" out. I had this happen when I overtightened the screw. They shouldn't even put a screwdriver slot on them. They are for finger tightening only. Don't torque them at all. The shaft of the screw will do a clean spiral break.

The guy at the local music store fixed mine, and I got new mounting screws from randall.

Gentle with these screws.

I see... that little piece does originally screw in... but the thread part broke off and is now stuck in the bracket. Right?

I might see if I can order a new bracket and screw.

Thanks for your help.
Sid

Are you in a band in the Seattle area? Everett... lynnwood?

Well I guess I don't feel as bad then, I only have a bent thumb screw. Where can I get a replacement?

The bent screw only turns maybe one full turn, it seems to be holding it ok, but I still wanna replace it BEFORE it becomes a problem.

help?

Donnie Z said:
Well I guess I don't feel as bad then, I only have a bent thumb screw. Where can I get a replacement?

The bent screw only turns maybe one full turn, it seems to be holding it ok, but I still wanna replace it BEFORE it becomes a problem.

help?

If I talk to someone there at Randall I'll ask about the Thumb Screw for you and post back. Those should definitely be available... I'm not sure if when you buy a new module, whether or not it comes w/ thumb screws too... if not, I could see it being pretty easy to lose one. Changing out a Module during a gig and ... Doh! Hey can someone help me find this little tiny screw. They sell the knobs and face plates right on their site. & Julia is right... these thumb screws should not have screw driver slots in em, for how easy the receptor will break. Randall should take a lesson from Soldano and build some Durable, road worthy equipment.

I'm ranting a bit... probably because my RM50 isn't firing up right now and looks like it will be a while b4 it does. I so want to be playing this amp. Only have about 10 hrs on it. Hooked up a weber mass... was sounding killer... flicked the Bypass... and Kaboom :cry:

Take care,
Sid

BTW- grow the mullet!

I would appreciate that sir!

p.s. I keep threatening my wife about growing the mullet back but for some reason she's not on board with it..............yet muah haha. I mean heck it's one of the things that she was attracted to way back then lol.

Thanks Sid, see ya

Latest posts