module with the most distortion and saturation

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my experience I recommend:

Salvation - Mamba, Chupacabra, Angel B

Sacred Groove - Bully, Fisch

I am not familiar with a lot of the mods mentioned, but out of the twelve i have, JF's XMG (Extreme Modern Gain) is the one for me. It is also amazingly quiet. How Rob pulled that one off is beyond me.

kylendm's Dragon mod is on the top of my list. It has a great blend of gain, saturation and punch that is awesome.

The DeadPlate II I have in the classifieds has far more distortion than any module I have had including the Mamba. Plus it has a sweepable midrange so you can make it sit right where you want in the mix.

alowerdeep said:
Salvation 1666 would have to be near the top of that list....

I agree, I think it may have unseated my JF XMG as my go to mod for high gain rhythm...especially with a 7 string.

Yeah,the 1666 and Chupa are based on the same design,the chupa was a later version,just has more options to give it more tonal variety.....but of all of teh ones listed thus far,the 1666/chupa has way more gain......more gain doesnt really mean better or heavier tone though....