Modules that like the fuzz

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvf263

Reaction score
Anybody using Fuzz through their MTS amp? Like maybe a SunFace?
Are there modules that work better with fuzz than others? Any suggestions?

I used Salvation Twinface in Deluxe mod, this is best for taking effects
Very good is natural channel from Salvation StonerAD too
and mods with BLEND feature (H-watt, Baseman) where you can dial exact amount of bass/treble part of sound than any EQ. (H-watt I used now for recording of my new CD with Multiwave Distortion and Skreddy Screwdriver clone)

I use a USA EHX Big Muff Pi US and a Sovtek one and a self built muff clone (based on the older version with less gainstages but with a voltage-reduce pot, get's pretty nasty at low voltage).

The Twinface works well in Deluxe mode yeah, but I really like the Mash-all in JTM mode with the Muff, very powerfull. But most of all I love the custom tweed mod Anthony did for me (proto for the Baseman), it sounds freaking huuuuuuge!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/joris_grif/m0jo-m0jofuzz-test
This is the custom fuzz, I think with the Muneca (tweed), but I'm not sure, it was a long time ago, it might be the Mash-all.

(I read the thread title and I got all excited that I could hear the tone again haha)

If you'd like I can record some clips with my mods and the fuzzes.

I didn?t try Mash-all, because Deluxe is best :)
Baseman is in my wish list. After couple of tests I really NEED module with blend feature!

crazy test of H-Watt and multiwave distortion
http://soundcloud.com/hyenik/keytar

I get my best results using clean or mid gain modules. The stock Deluxe, Tweed, and Plexi work great. I mean these are the amps that were being used in the 60s w/fuzz and distortion. The stock Top Boost is also great. I have mine modded to the VoxLess and both AC30 and DC30 work great with a pedal. Jaded Faith Super Clean is way cool with a pedal. I have tried pedals with the high gain stuff, like the XMG, Mark X, Recto, etc. but nothing really happened as it would be kind of redundant to try to get something that is already over the top, over the top. I suppose you could try one of those with the volume dimed and the gain as far down as possible, but why?
Hope this helped!
ricky

m0jo said:
(I read the thread title and I got all excited that I could hear the tone again haha)

Hey thanks, if/when you get a chance I'd love to hear some fuzz with a plexi mod or a deluxe type mod. That's what I'll be using until I get other options.

The Big Muff Pi is an awesome fuzz, I have a SunFace from AnalogMan that I like alot too. Great stuff

Hey Ricky, thanks for the info. I'm thinking my plexi or deluxe mod will do the trick.
I won't be using any high gain mods.

rvf263 said:
m0jo said:

Hey thanks, if/when you get a chance I'd love to hear some fuzz with a plexi mod or a deluxe type mod. That's what I'll be using until I get other options.

The Big Muff Pi is an awesome fuzz, I have a SunFace from AnalogMan that I like alot too. Great stuff

Hey Ricky, thanks for the info. I'm thinking my plexi or deluxe mod will do the trick.
I won't be using any high gain mods.
Great, end of this week I'm gonna grab my rack anyways, I'll see what I can do. 8)

I'll second the H-watt. best mod i've had for vitnage fx like fuzz and colorsound overdriver, etc. can really dial in your clean tone to taste for stuff like that. although my close second was a JF Tweed.

btw this is my fuzz collection....., but still changing :)

Fuzzion.jpg

Wow! :shock:
Now that's an awesome Fuzz collection!

I have this SunFace

Red_Dot.jpg

And I just bought this today. Can't wait to play it!

pigmine.jpg
[/img]

Hey fuzz faces, what would you recommend to first time fuzz users? For a while I thought about the duncan tweak fuzz because i thought it covered a lot of ground. thoughts? Something reasonably priced...

Kapo_Polenton said:
Hey fuzz faces, what would you recommend to first time fuzz users? For a while I thought about the duncan tweak fuzz because i thought it covered a lot of ground. thoughts? Something reasonably priced...

Looks like the Duncan Tweak Fuzz is like a fuzz face which is a good place to strat IMO.

Here's some others' to check out too:
All are reasonably priced and a great place to start IMHO

Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face
Way Huge Swolen Pickle MKII (On TGP right now asking $100)
MXR BC108

Here's an awesome article on FUZZ.....
part1
http://www.legendarytones.com/fuzz%20feast1.html
part2
http://www.legendarytones.com/fuzz%20feast2.html

It's pretty cool how many people actually use it.

Oh yeah......fuzz is addicting...so beware! :D

Kapo_Polenton said:
Way Huge Swollen Pickle.

Wow! Now you have me on this fuzz quest. What did the stones use on Satisfaction? Now that was a righteous fuzz!

I had great results with the a channel of my Egnater BMAN module and my homemade (not by me, though) Skreddy Lunar Module.