Mr. Scary has arrived!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah; that guitar was set up like crap and out of tune everywhere...
Not my normal player by any means, but it was close.
Maybe I'll do a better video of all the modules if I ever get a free minute.

Heh, don't worry about it. I'm just really anal about tuning- I can't play my guitar unless its almost perfectly in tune :D.

But yeah, those floyd Roses are tricky, thats why I put a block under mine to lock it in place. I would rather have Pitch Stablity then a Whammy Bar (I told you I was anal about tuning :) )

jimosity said:
john7 said:
Great videos Jimosity!
I have one request: can you please record video or sound sample with: BLACKFACE, RECTO or RECTIFIED, MODERN, ULTRA and XTC! Please if possible because I am deciding among them.
Please!
Thanks and kind regards.

If I can find the time this weekend, I'll see if I can work up a video of ALL the modules that I have.

THANKS ALOT Jimosity!!! Please, try finding the time for recording...
________
Mary jane

Felipe R said:
hey Jim,

are you going buy the Ultra XL?

:)

I definitely WANT IT!
I just haven't gotten around to getting it yet.
I'm trying to get a second RM4 right now, so that's my main focus till I sell some other gear.

Thanks a lot for those video man! :D

But I'm not sure it will be very useful to record all of the modules with just a camcorder: the mic quality of these things is so bad... a cheap 57 in front of your cab might give more justice to those sounds!

Melodioso said:

But I'm not sure it will be very useful to record all of the modules with just a camcorder: the mic quality of these things is so bad... a cheap 57 in front of your cab might give more justice to those sounds!

I've got a studio at home, I'll do the recordings there; mic'ing the cabinets.

That will be AWESOME Jimosity!!! You can also send these sound clips to the Randall site (if you wan?t), I know that your clips will be much much better than Randall?s (clips on Randall site really suck)!

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/about/news/soundclips.asp

Kind regards.
________
YAMAHA PSR-185 SPECIFICATIONS

jimosity said:
GaryMcT said:
jimosity said:
Disciple said:
Clips bud - clips!

I did ya one better; I made a video demo of it this evening.
Go here to check it out.
http://www.streamload.com/americanhc

Thanks! Sounds like I need one of those to replace my SL+.

Have you compared going through the GForce to not going through the GForce? Even on bypass I found it to suck a lot of tone since it's still going through pretty bad A<->D converters. I got rid of my GForce and replaced it with a cheapo Rocktron Xpression since the Xpression leaves the dry signal in the analog domain if you set it up right. If I had stayed with the GForce, I would have probably used a line mixer or a parallel effects loop.

I'll give that a shot, I've not tried that.
I just sold an Xpression and shipped it out yesterday as a matter of fact, so that kinda sucks. Would the G-Major have the same problem as the G-Force? I've got a G-Major as well. Got a deal worked out for an Intellifex, how about that one? The quality of the effects in the G-Force are pretty **** good, but I still always find myself leaning more towards the G-Major for ease of use.

I think the G-Major has the same problem, but I'm not sure. Pretty much all of the Rocktron rack units have analog dry, although you have to disable the Hush and set each patch for analog dry (and maybe some other things.)

Another thing that you could try is to use the parallel effects loop on the RM4. This limits the sort of effects that you can use with the GForce to chorus, reverb, delay, etc, ie things that add to the signal instead of replacing it. For anything that completely alters the signal (like wah), you can use pedals up front. That's what I've ended up doing since I use my Xpression after the mic'd dry cab. At the end of the day, I would have been better off keeping the GForce since I don't run dry through it anymore.

Just heard that the local store got a Mr. Scary in! I'm going to bring my SL+ with me to compare to it, assuming it doesn't sell by the time I get there. Unfortunately, I haven't modded my SL+ yet, so I won't be able to tell how different it is from a modded SL+.

GaryMcT said:
Just heard that the local store got a Mr. Scary in! I'm going to bring my SL+ with me to compare to it, assuming it doesn't sell by the time I get there. Unfortunately, I haven't modded my SL+ yet, so I won't be able to tell how different it is from a modded SL+.

Doh, sold before I got a chance to try it.

jimosity said:
Melodioso said:

I've got a studio at home, I'll do the recordings there; mic'ing the cabinets.

Thumbs Up!!! :p Randall should send you a check for your time and effort! The whole community will benefit from those recordings!

Thanks guys...

I appreciate your appreciation.
If only I could convince Randall to give me some kind of endorsement or even a few of those module carrying bags, I'd feel like I won the lottery!

Jeez; that video on there of my band was with my old singer and old drummer - our new lineup is 100% better.
I just haven't taken that old video down.
That music was recorded with a Line 6 Flextone HD head, direct into my mixer (this was before I bought my first RM4).

My bands new album is in final mixdown right now, I recorded it with the RM4 (1086 for high gain tones, modded JTM for cleans and the occasional SL+ for more laid back, smoother gain) and it sounds incredible so far.

sounds great Jim cant wait to hear it miced up ..
Being a huge lynch fan I think it definetly gets his tone .I hear it right when you start playing "Kiss of Death" thanks so much for playing Dokken stuff to show of the mod it really helps for people going for that sound.
I have on question???
I like the Back for the attack tone ..but love Under Lock and Key..
I wanted to ask you in the hunter there is this huge growl to the rythm very throaty ..that .like many isd the sound im after ..In your opinion what freq is this ..is it a modded marshall with a low mid boost ..will the Scary get that if you backl of the mids ..I want that tone ****** ..lol. Maybe I will have to wait for his Rythm mod the Brahma

Most of George's tone during those days while done with some different gear from time to time is still pretty similar in tone.
Enough so that I think this module would be able to get them close enough.
George had a pretty good run with modded Marshalls and this module gets that tone easily. Even the Soldano tones he had during the Lynch Mob stuff is possible with this module.

I know it's been said before, but a big part of tone comes from the player; not the gear. George can play thru just about anything and sound like George. Same applies here.
When I mic up the RM4 later today and try to do some new clips, I'll run thru a few bars of "The Hunter" and see if that helps you at all.

I'm picking up a Mr. Scary from Rich @ Brookdale -

I spoke to him about setting the MTS Forum up with a special deal, it's on my other post here titled - who wants a Mr. Scary module, he said he could hook us up for $225 + shipping on the Mr. Scary module.

Contact him and tell him Mike from MTS forum/Lynch's Dojo sent ya!

Website -
www.brookdalemusic.com

Phone: 630-983-5100

Remember ask for Rich!

OK Guys,
I made some audio clips of all my modules and started a new thread...
Go over to this thread to check out the new audio clips I did.

I addressed a few things we've been talking about in these samples.

Jim

Latest posts