MTS Amp Modders - Who does it?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LockStock

Reaction score
I bought a stash of MTS stuff - RM50, RM4, etc. when they were getting blown out. I'm thinking of sending the RM50, maybe the RM100 or RM4 someplace to get them modded - you know, better transformer, some better components.

Dave Friedman did my Lynchbox and it's awesome. But he's so busy with his own line of amps now.

Who else is there? Any recommendations?

My shop does this type of work, so feel free to touch base via email. This time of year is always pretty busy until about mid-June, but drop me a line and we can chat.

Rob

Hi there - I'm a customer of both Jaded Faith and Voodoo Amps - modded modules from Jaded Faith, and original amps from Voodoo - love the Jaded Faith modules and love my 100W V Rock head!

I am looking for people to mod the actual heads themselves, or the RM4 unit itself, not the modules. I didn't realize either of you did this - I thought you just did module work.

LockStock said:
Hi there - I'm a customer of both Jaded Faith and Voodoo Amps - modded modules from Jaded Faith, and original amps from Voodoo - love the Jaded Faith modules and love my 100W V Rock head!

I am looking for people to mod the actual heads themselves, or the RM4 unit itself, not the modules. I didn't realize either of you did this - I thought you just did module work.
Thanks for the kind words! My shop works on both modules and amps of all kinds. Most of the amp work I do tends to be local musicians here in NJ, but I can both mod or repair any MTS gear you may have. I have many customers on this forum whose MTS amps have come in for mods or repairs.

As you mentioned, Trace and the crew over at Voodoo are fantastic and I am sure anything they do for you will be top notch as well.

LockStock said:

We both do a lot of work and it's hard to list everything on our website (we have a lot on our site--lol). We are constantly adding things and updating our site.

JF - thanks for the kind words good sir! Very kind of you and it's nice to have positive people verses everyone looking at it as competition. If you need anything what so ever or I can be of help to you in some way please feel free to let me know! :)

All the best;
Trace

Trace and Rob are just awesome with their customers and are both very dedicated to "doing it right"....Second to none! Cant wrong with either.

Voodoo Amps said:
JF - thanks for the kind words good sir! Very kind of you and it's nice to have positive people verses everyone looking at it as competition. If you need anything what so ever or I can be of help to you in some way please feel free to let me know! :)

All the best;
Trace

Trace: Any time sir! I have a lot of respect for your work, customer service and business practices. The offer is mutual if you should ever need anything at all.

Interesting side note - I think we crossed paths at the 2010 NJ/NY Amp show. I was running the Marshall and Vox booth (alone for most of the weekend :roll: ) and only got a few free minutes to make the rounds. I believe you had a demo going when I popped my head in and we only got to exchange a quick hello.

Jaded Faith said:
Voodoo Amps said:

All the best;
Trace

Trace: Any time sir! I have a lot of respect for your work, customer service and business practices. The offer is mutual if you should ever need anything at all.

Interesting side note - I think we crossed paths at the 2010 NJ/NY Amp show. I was running the Marshall and Vox booth (alone for most of the weekend :roll: ) and only got a few free minutes to make the rounds. I believe you had a demo going when I popped my head in and we only got to exchange a quick hello.

Since we're in the pleasantry moment... :D I have to chime in. These two are some of the best in the business that I have had the pleasure to deal with.

Trace @ Voodoo built me the best amp I have ever owned - the V-Rock DL100. Simply put, nailed the tone I have been wanting since 1987. He has spent countless hours emailing and talking on the phone with me. At this point I would actually call him, my friend. Great dude.

Rob @ Jaded Faith, I can't say enough about him as well. He has taken requests for things that have never been done before and delivered. Awesome tone and awesome quality. I have some great Dual Channel Egnater modules he has built for me, from the ground up. Not to mention the COUNTLESS JF modules I have owned in the past.

All in all, you can't go wrong with these guys and I commend the praise they have for one another, it is well deserved.