mts to be discontinued

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzyguitars

Reaction score
i just got back from namm.

i talked to a few of the randall guys there and it seems that they are gonna retire the entire mts line.

they guy said, "its has run its course."

wtf!

then he told me that they had just blown out a bunch of parts and modules to all the modders.

and then he said that they are clearing out a lot of stuff to the dealers.

i better start hoarding my stuff. and looking for more.

the good news is that even though egnater dosnt have anything new for his mod series stuff. he is still gonna be keeping the line alive and is lloking for ways to get it up to higher production. so the modular stuff will still live

Wow, that sucks, but the writing has been on the wall for awhile, I guess. Hopefully Egnater gets the rights back to the line and continues development on it, and hopefully we will be fortunate enough to continue to have some talented modders around.

:x
I was just pm'ing my speculation on this yesterday. Totally sucks...hopefully Egnater goes production with modules to keep it going

Things change. Stuff gets discontinued. I think music in general is in a transition period. I'm waiting to see what's going to come out.

Mattfig said:
You mean to tell me that those awesome looking Scott Ian amps didn't change the MTS-stigma and dramatically improve sales??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it comes down to marketing. And these endorsers needed to be out seen using the gear, not just at NAMM or clinics, but on tour. Randall doesn't have the perception/moniker that a Fender or Marshall has where they could put out a product & by word of mouth (if it's good) it will spread like wildfire. Part 2 of this is we tend to say if it says Plexi, then it should sound exactly like a plexi not just close enough. And when it doesn't all hell breaks loose. :lol:

Looks like quite a few bargains to be had from Squid and FMM on eBay...crappy news :-/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvgjDKsOfhc&feature=relmfu

At 1:13ish mark these is a Scott Ian Sig MTS. Something different that I haven't seen before. After seeing that they are discontinuing I guess it was just for show at NAMM

I think this has been for a while .as soon as Bruce announced he would be getting back into modular with a lower priced line.
I believe that Randall only had the licence so long and they have to pay for that .the Licence is expiring and they will not renew.
I think also the modders have played a huge role in the decison not to renew the licence

I can confirm that the MTS line through Randall is done. I also overheard that the ten year license was almost over. It led me to believe that Egnater is going to get back into the game big time and maybe they didn't want to re-new the license. This is still good news for MTS owners.

One thing very different today than when Egnater licensed this to Randall is that Egnater now how has large production available to them in China as shown by all their new, affordable amp models. My guess would be these will be made in China, just like Randall's were and that maybe there will be a hand-wired, USA line of modules available too.

And the simple fact of the matter is, my RM22 with the GTO The Judge module in it sounds so good that if that preamp in that module had been hardwired into the amp, I still would have bought it. Of course now the amp and GTO would cost less that just the amps were selling for two days ago. I'm tempted to keep an RM4 too.

Yes now is the time to buy! May be a hard time to sell to people that dont know much about them.
You have some great deals Curt! Cant believe what you want for a stock module! I want one of those shirts! Any help?

Once that E2 comes out I'm all over it when I get a stable job and such. I don't have much need for four slots but two is just enough. And also the ability to use it to pretty much add two more channels to an amp is a cool idea as well.

That's a real downer. Possibly the discontinuation is more of a function of the economy.
On the flip side, how much more could be done with MTS? Most of the ground is covered between the stock and modded modules.
I will stay with MTS regardless!

Squid Music said:
I can confirm that the MTS line through Randall is done. ....Of course now the amp and GTO would cost less that just the amps were selling for two days ago. I'm tempted to keep an RM4 too.

Hey Curt, looks like I'll be coming down to the store this week to pickup a couple MTS modules! :lol: 8)
mike.

Hey guys I just thought of something: who runs the board now? If it's Randall, we need to figure out how to save it for posterity or find someone else to run it.

Latest posts