My high vol\jam vol settings.....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hey all,

So after many, many hours of dialing, tweaking, tube changes, boost pedals, OD?s, etc?. Here?s the story?(all based on high volume\ jam levels)

Power Tubes (v1 ? v4 w\BIAS lvls): KT88, E34L, E34L, KT88 (88's biased to 48 and 34L's to 38 )
Master at 3 o?clock, Density at 9 o?clock, Presence at about 11.

My EQ settings for all mods are roughly Bass=10 o?clock, Mid=10 o?clock, Treb=11 to 1 o?clock.

I run a 4-cable method via my GT8. No EQ, just the Tscream with delay for the leads, and NS in front of the guitar for hush. Keeps it nice and clean. It is essentially used mostly for colors and not to modify my amp sound.

Pete?s 1086
Gain boos OFF, Gain pull OUT, Level pull OUT:
Nice, nice old school crunch sound. Had the gain at about 70%?and it was very quiet when playing stopped! Dial down the gain to about 50%, run the Tscream in front of it from my GT8 and it just KILLS! Tscream is level ONLY at about 40%.

Gain boost ON, Gain pull OUT, Level pull OUT
Geeeeezuz! This thing has so much gain that I had to dial it DOWN to keep it from feeding back. I literally do NOT have to go beyond the 50% level on gain. No need for the Tscream in front of it either. You might think you need it at practice levels, but when you turn this mutha nice and loud, believe me, running the gain more than half way will take away form the tone?there?s just so much of it.

Stock UltraXL
Pretty much the same as above, but noisier because there?s no mod done to it yet. This is still a great hi-gain stock module. Very similar to the 1086 but without the options.

Stock Brahma
Bright OFF (On isn?t bad either)
Gain is set to 3 o?clock I love this as a stock module. You can get loads of classic distortion from it. I?m still on the fence about getting this one modded for the simple reason that running the Tscream in front with level only at 60% makes this thing ALMOST as gainy as the 1086?.no Sh!t!! Without the boost, it?s nice, classic growl?late 70?s rock. Add the boost in front and you have some **** nice 80?s beehive happening! Sounds very cool. I can only imagine it with a mod?.decisions, decisions?. :roll: :lol:

In closing? SL+ a la HBE is on route and am highly anticipating its arrival. :twisted: The next mod is more than likely going to be the MM OT?but honestly, after hearing it all day yesterday, I am quite pleased?so don?t know if it?s a MUST right now. Other thing I?m going to try is the JAN PHI in the phase inverter to see what it does to the overall tone.

Almost there gang?.almost there! :wink:
Peace!

Pedro

headown said:
Interesting !

Master at 3 o?clock ? wow !!!

:lol: ....yep...had the same response initially, but when you think about it, drive the tubes and adjust your overall level via the module volume. Believe me...it changes everything! There's tons of posts on this subjuect with alot of good material so go nuts! :wink:

It all started with the tube biasing topic and just exploded form there! Use the search feature and look for threads on tubes and biasing and you'll find everything you need to know.

Have fun!

P

well....the Randall manual states ....35 to 42 for the E34's, right? I think 45 is safe. I actually installed 500mA fast blo fuses across the board so I can drive the 88's close to 50. 3mV over the recommended max should be ok (...I believe... :lol: )

Another member stated that they were driving there's at 45 with 400m fuses and it works like a charm.

P

Latest posts