My new Video featuring a buncha mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suphuckers said:
Awesome Matt!! Really nice tones!!!

Just a couple tiny thoughts (Just my opinion, if you care)

I think a couple of those Modules would sound better with a different guitar. The Spawn and the Twinface especially for example. I also think (sorry) that I like the tone of the HBE better than the Vishnu. I do hear the higher gain (and I get it) though.

Love the Decimator Test!! ;) Also Love the Mashaldono too!! Nice clip!!

Thanks man....That's why the price of the HBE won't go down....She can stay as it's a close battle...I can dial them in closer than in the vid....But the HBE has something special....

...ohh and I almost forgot. The naked female in the clip wasn't missed ;)

As for that HBE, I think it has much less of that Marshall type static that I always whine about so much. It has a much cleaner tone to it. It sounds like it has a full battery... as where the other one... well... I'll leave it there

Don't get me wrong. I like the Vishnu. I just know that it would bug me. I bet the Lead tones are probably great tho.

Id love to test out that decimator test myself. I bet I could get your neighbors to move lmao

Edit:..and Ohh that Mashaldono. Wow That's a nice Mod. That one is also cleaner sounding. There's your Money right there!

Great demo Fig, thanks! I really dig what I heard from that SG30. Been thinking of picking up Vox mod, as another clean channel - not so much interested in the gain side of an AC30 personally - especially not having EL84's, which make up the lions share of the driven Vox tones IMO...

I wonder though, when that SG30 is at lower gain settings/clean, does it have 'sufficient' bottom end? I keep running into this problem with most MTS mods - if I run the gain below noon, I've got no bottom end to speak of. And, thats where it needs to be to get the good cleans. JF Vybe Deluxe definitely does not have this problem, if anything it's got too much bottom (only mod I run bass lower than 3 oclock, and actually have to keep it at about 8 oclock it's got so much), but that is how the original Fender amps are/were. Same goes for the AC30 - huge bottom end on the cleans. Is the SG30 similar to the AC30 in this way?

Corium_AZ said:
Great demo Fig, thanks! I really dig what I heard from that SG30. Been thinking of picking up Vox mod, as another clean channel - not so much interested in the gain side of an AC30 personally - especially not having EL84's, which make up the lions share of the driven Vox tones IMO...

I wonder though, when that SG30 is at lower gain settings/clean, does it have 'sufficient' bottom end? I keep running into this problem with most MTS mods - if I run the gain below noon, I've got no bottom end to speak of. And, thats where it needs to be to get the good cleans. JF Vybe Deluxe definitely does not have this problem, if anything it's got too much bottom (only mod I run bass lower than 3 oclock, and actually have to keep it at about 8 oclock it's got so much), but that is how the original Fender amps are/were. Same goes for the AC30 - huge bottom end on the cleans. Is the SG30 similar to the AC30 in this way?

The SG30 has a nice big bottom end....Like Kardashian big!

suphuckers said:
Don't get me wrong. I like the Vishnu. I just know that it would bug me. I bet the Lead tones are probably great tho.

Id love to test out that decimator test myself. I bet I could get your neighbors to move lmao

Edit:..and Ohh that Mashaldono. Wow That's a nice Mod. That one is also cleaner sounding. There's your Money right there!

Thanks for taking the time to comment....Dudes like you are most helpful as I love to hear those thoughts....The HBE is something if I sell, I will miss...Vishnu has it covered but HBE is special somehow....

The Decimator test is fun cause they really can silence loud rigs...You gotta get used to them a bit in terms of how they work but once you got it, there is nothing better...And MTS can be a tad noisy from time to time...

Mattfig said:
The Decimator test is fun cause they really can silence loud rigs...You gotta get used to them a bit in terms of how they work but once you got it, there is nothing better...And MTS can be a tad noisy from time to time...

I have a Decimator, I actually haven't needed to use it with my RM100. I was mostly referring to the 4 different amp/modules at the same time... looked really fun!!

Yes the HBE is a completely different animal. Personally I'd have to keep it ;)

Thanks for taking the time to comment....Dudes like you are most helpful as I love to hear those thoughts....

Thanks for that. It gets frustrating sometimes the way a lot of people misunderstand why I make those comments.

Thanks, for the demo, Matt! Really helpful to hear all these back to back.

Funny that I really liked the Masholdano too because I just didn?t vibe with the one I had and I really wanted to like it. Yours sounded better. Was it the Soldano or Marshall voicing?

Ugh..need to listen to this in detail but first impression..I still *need* a Spawn! :twisted:

blacksun said:
Too my ears the orange modules and Twinface really shines.

Would also love to hear the Camerica and perhaps a comparison with the Camerock :)

Great video!

Thanks for watching fellas...We're just trying to keep things lively in this lull...Even the used mods are going cheap right now and that's just how this market works...In the meantime, just remember who is trying to entertain you now! :)

It's always true how we each hear something different...A dude on youtube likes the Pirate Mods Clean, I've heard shouts for the Twinface and Oranges...Always get HBE love (on sale for 325 in classifieds) and so is the Afterlife (425) ...

I could do two hours just on the Mandarine Graphic OR....That one stole my heart from the beginning....It's just "my tone." I like heavier stuff but for what I play, that mod just smokes...

Yeah, I actually liked the Orange's too Matt.

I dunno what blacksun see's in the nice Bluesy Fender tone getting squashed all over the room by that Gibson Rock n Roll guitar though ;)

It's almost like puttin' a Chevy emblem on the hood of a nice Mustang LoL

The insanity of it arghhhhhhhh...... hahaha

suphuckers said:
Yeah, I actually liked the Orange's too Matt.

I dunno what blacksun see's in the nice Bluesy Fender tone getting squashed all over the room by that Gibson Rock n Roll guitar though ;)

It's almost like puttin' a Chevy emblem on the hood of a nice Mustang LoL

The insanity of it arghhhhhhhh...... hahaha

I know that bugs ya....lol....We all have our pet peeves...My Paul is my goto fiddle for an all around showcase....

Does a Twinface prefer a Strat or Tele, yeah sure...As much as you whine about it? Not at all... :lol:

Hey, so I assume with all those smiles and lol's, that you took what I'm saying the correct way, and you weren't offended. Yes??

I try to use them myself, but people give me **** for saying "lmao" all the time, instead of realizing that I'm saying "lmao"... because I don't want to be taken too seriously, or anyone to be offended but... that's another story "LMAO" Anyways...

Sooooooo. Let me 1st say... NOTHING in that clip sounds bad. I even like your LP. I wouldn't play it, but what difference does that make? I personally haven't been able to get any good tones out of an LP (that I've noticed) but.. I have definitely heard other people get great tones out of them. I don't dislike LP's (or Gibson's) but no I won't play them. Hopefully that makes my opinion of some of that stuff more clear. They're great guitars, just not for me.

Soooooo, we're all on a quest for great tone here right?

That being said... What I'm saying about that Twinface LP combo is.. That I think that both the Twinface AND the LP deserve better than each other. I wouldn't put the 2 together. That Twinface is capable of quite a bit more than the LP shows, and on the same token.. there are plenty of other Modules that get way better cleans with that LP than a Twinface. Every time I hear the 2 together, I get the shivers "LMAO".

Ya'll pickin' up what I'm throwin' down? ;)

People tell me its not what I say, its how I say it... tryin' to work on that

I was kidding with you....But, I totally know what you're saying...In fact, had I thought of it, I should have at least pulled the coil taps on the Paul...

But, here's a confession, I actually like a "Gibson through a Fender" tone...No, it isn't as pretty as a Fender in most cases but it pushes the amps differently...I really like my big semihollowbody through it with P90s so I guess we all have our thang..

I still haven't found out about the pickups in that Ibanez but I know they were stock...I'll get the year of the guitar...

Thanks for keeping the forum active man...With blunt force nonetheless...:)

well here check this out...

I probably should spend some time and try to find better videos to make sure I show this correctly but...

Here's a 59LP through a 65 Fender DLX RVerb.
http://youtu.be/kHjGhOnECEo?t=26s

...and this is a 59LP through a Marshall
http://youtu.be/UWSGOAQBFGg?t=43s

...and I thought it was all good earlier. I just wanted to make sure.

Here's another.
http://youtu.be/A-PTks5aoMs
In this video (hopefully) you can hear that the Marshall is a lot brighter and alive sounding. It likes the wood and the shape of the LP. The Fender doesn't sound bad but... That Fender amp is certainly begging for a nice heavy solid piece of ash.

On the same token....
http://youtu.be/bi8So-8Ni3U
The reverse is also true. I wouldn't play this Fender through this Marshall. This is a perfect example of why I don't like Marshall's (w/ my Strat)

I dunno if you can hear it, but... it makes the hair on my neck stand up LoL

Mattfig said:
I totally know what you're saying...In fact, had I thought of it, I should have at least pulled the coil taps on the Paul...
But, here's a confession, I actually like a "Gibson through a Fender" tone...No, it isn't as pretty as a Fender in most cases but it pushes the amps differently...I really like my big semihollowbody through it with P90s so I guess we all have our thang..

...or maybe you do hear it? LoL

How do you make a shiver sound in txt? HaHa

Latest posts