My RM-4 Based Rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
So I am going to get some pics up soon but I wanted to tell everyone about my new rig! I have finally gone Randall!!! SO here is it.. I had to divide it into 2 separate racks for portability

In Rack#1 (8 space)
Furman Pl Plus (for power)
Boss GT-Pro (run in 4 cable method to get fx to input and loop of amp)
Randall RM-4 (currently with Treadplate, Ultra XL, 1086 and Blackface Modules)
MXR 10 Band EQ (in the loop)
GCX Audio Switcher (all pedals run to input of RM-4)
->pedals connected to GCX ? 1.Digitech RP50 (I only use it for octaves, sounds better
than DOD, Boss, or Danelectro) - 2. DOD Ice Box Chorus-
3. MXR Phase 90 - 4. Boss Super OD ? 5.MXR KFK
Ten Band EQ ? 6. ISP Decimator (noise reduction)

Rack#2 (4space)
Mesa Boogie Fifty/Fifty Power Amp
2 Space Drawer

Floor Board
GCX Ground Control Pro
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Digitech Whammy 4

And I use a Shure ULX Wireless? I am also thinking of getting a pedal snake for the cables to run to my board?

Guitar wise with this set up I am using 2 of my Ibanez SCA 220?s with stock neck and Dimarzio Tone Zone PU?s and my ?77 and ?78 Ibanez Les Pauls (which play better than my gibsons and epiphones) and are currently fitted with EMG 81/85?s (though I am thinking of going to Dimarzio Tone Zone with them too)

Right not I am using 2 cabs 1- a Peavey Sheffield loaded Cab and the Other 4x12 is loaded with V30 Hellatones. I am thinking of going with 2-2x12 cabs one loaded with the Peavey and the other w/the Hellatones

We tune in drop B (1 & ? step down and drop the low string) and C# (1/2 step down and drop) and this set up sounds freakin amazing!!!! I should have pics up by the week end!!!!

Congrats...please post some clips...It seems like an incredible rig. I also LOVE the Ground control units...just awesome,imho. (especially with a GCX looper.

Man you're right about the Ground Control I love the way its set up...

I use the bottom row for presets (4) the middle row for CC of the in the loop and the top row is for CC of effects into te input of my pre-amp..

its so felxible it's crazy, I only wish that i could do 5 presets per bank instead of 4

I am not sure but the Mitigator pedal might do that for you. Maybe its spelled midigator...anyway, it was an earlier pedal like the ground control. They are kinda hard to find now, but some guys swear by them..like you and I like the GCX and GC.
Also Digital music may have a mod for you..they do have an expanded DMC...300 presets I heard. So check it out.

Latest posts