My Ruby Tubes have stickers on the glass??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about running Ruby tubes with the paper stickers on them? While looking over my newly acquired RM22 the tubes freaked me out a bit. When I went to the Ruby Tubes site the tubes already had the labels on the glass part of the tube. I've had tubes with paper stickers on the bottom plastic base before but never on the glass part of the tube. Waddya think?

It's seemingly weird at first thought but I've not had any issue using them...

Plus, it's Ruby tubes so you know it's high quality paper and glue.... :) OK, maybe the last part isn't exactly true but it doesn't cause any issue leaving it on but removing it could FWIW...

There is absolutely nothing wierd about it or any reason for concern at all. Everything that happens with a tube is inside that glass. What is it that bothers you?

I think he's concerned about the paper igniting from the heat of the tube. I wouldn't worry--tubes are hot, but not THAT hot.

Think how many lawsuits tube sellers would have on their hands if the stickers on them even sometimes caught fire.

My two main concerns were the paper cooking on the tubes and premature wearing due to this and the potential fire hazard. Thanks for all the info guys....

oddly enough I just got some of those last week and had the same question. I just pulled them off and cleaned off the residue but they had been on for a while and didn't look burned at all. the sticker isn't normal paper either from the feel so maybe it's a high heat material.

Most of the Ruby HG's I have come with a paper sticker on the glass. I thought the concern might have been the website showing labels printed directly to the glass, leading one to believe you got some really old, discontinued tubes or something.