NAD: RM100KH w/ Mr Scary

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngzaklynch

Reaction score
Got my Randall RM100KH. The only module I have is the Mr Scary. Obviously with only one module I can't speak of this amp like any kind of expert. I will say that the amp appears to be built very well. Looks cool as hell. All black with chrome/silver on the very front surface of the Randall logo. Purple jewel... yeah it looks cool. The Mr Scary module is very open and crunchy. It has to be modeled after a hot rodded Plexi type tone. Some mentioned it's like a Soldano. Guess maybe. Anyways it's a very happening tone. For some reason I was expecting something more compressed and gainy... more modern. Nope. It's 80's shred approved. To bad my playing suks to bad to give you guys a decent clip. I need to get playing more often. But I digress... The loop works very well. The pots seem high quailty. Smooth and snugg feeling. Very happy with my initial plug in. Next up I want an ultra modern sounding module. Super high gain and maybe a little compression to it. Then again a Pete modded XTC module would be nice.

Jim

Super high gain and maybe a little compression to it. Then again a Pete modded XTC module would be nice.

yes that desccibes aa Pete xtc!
Makes any guitar sound phat and sustain forever on leads!
lol, even on my Mex Strat

Congrats on the head .
I thought you would dig the Scary ..it is really different isnt it?

While it does get the Soldano levels of gain when cranked .its the midrange Punch that really sounds like a hot rodded plexi.

I agree that for lead tones you would want something less raw , smoother with more of a liquid type gain a la XTC or maybe even the grail..
cheers!!!

Enjoy .

Well the Mr Scary is really cool for what IT does. However now that I have that tone... It's not that I'm unhappy with it. It's cool as hell. But now that I have that sound what else do I want. Thats whats so cool about MTS amps... instead of forking out $1000.00 + for another tone I'm forking out $200.00 for another tone. 8)

yngzaklynch said:
Well the Mr Scary is really cool for what IT does. However now that I have that tone... It's not that I'm unhappy with it. It's cool as hell. But now that I have that sound what else do I want. Thats whats so cool about MTS amps... instead of forking out $1000.00 + for another tone I'm forking out $200.00 for another tone. 8)

200 or less sometiimes buying in teh used market!! its great.

i like the ultra xl for a modern sound. tons of gain and a high mid range that cuts in the mix.

Latest posts