Need help on price inquiry of my RM100C

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NgrungeBB91

Reaction score
Well, its been forever since I posted here... and I'm thinking of sadly selling my RM100 combo since I really don't have a use for it anymore. I've been interested in a PRS Archon and I want to get as much out of the RM100 towards it as possible. Included is a footswitch, BlackFace module, Gigmods 101B modified XTC Module, and a Treadplate Module. Tubes have been only changed once and very rarely has been pushed.. Would $1500 be to far of a price for it, $1000 maybe? I paid over $2000 including the modified module for it back when it was new... Thanks all!

Hey man, I'm sorry to say what I'm going to say but ima say it anyway. These tend to go for under $400 on ebay with $10 for shipping. I've seem them go lower. I doubt it's worth selling.....

just my 2 cents. it hurts, I know. There's a dude selling his RT2/50 for over 1k. I've seen them go for under 500 and **** near 400.

It's great for getting into modular but so much for getting out.....

Good luck with it. you may find that you have no problem selling it though

withmittens said:
Hey man, I'm sorry to say what I'm going to say but ima say it anyway. These tend to go for under $400 on ebay with $10 for shipping. I've seem them go lower. I doubt it's worth selling.....

just my 2 cents. it hurts, I know. There's a dude selling his RT2/50 for over 1k. I've seen them go for under 500 and **** near 400.

It's great for getting into modular but so much for getting out.....

Good luck with it. you may find that you have no problem selling it though

That is so sad :( Why are they going for so cheap??? A used Dual Rectifier still goes for over $1000....

I sold my Egnater Tourmaster last month, or rather my luthier friend sold it in his high end shop. He said most guys really liked it, but most players don't want to lug a super heavy head around these days. I did get $600 for it, and I was happy.

I'd say, the relative obscurity of the MTS line and the Randall branding added to the crazy weight is why. Certainly not a reflection on this head.

Who knows, if Bruce Egnater delivers the new line next year, these might increase to a more palatable sale amount? His new modular line certainly won't be cheap.

Just my 2 bits.

agreed, not a reflection on the sound quality and usability of the system at all. I think people didn't understand it when it was new and people like me grabbed onto it because it had become affordable after it was forgotten. I wanted it when it was new but didn't buy in because of price, although many just didn't understand it and the modders hadn't made it what it is today.

also, it's not quite as sexy as a $1000 Vox, Orange or Marshall

I absolutely love my MTS, although a RM100C would be a beast to move. You've had it all this time so maybe it really is a good amp for you in the right situation?

(BTW, I meant to type $100 for shipping)

Also, your 4 modules could get you 5-600 perhaps, 100 to 150 for stockers and 200 for gigmods......then the amp.......maybe piece it out like that?

withmittens said:
agreed, not a reflection on the sound quality and usability of the system at all. I think people didn't understand it when it was new and people like me grabbed onto it because it had become affordable after it was forgotten. I wanted it when it was new but didn't buy in because of price, although many just didn't understand it and the modders hadn't made it what it is today.

also, it's not quite as sexy as a $1000 Vox, Orange or Marshall

I absolutely love my MTS, although a RM100C would be a beast to move. You've had it all this time so maybe it really is a good amp for you in the right situation?

(BTW, I meant to type $100 for shipping)

Also, your 4 modules could get you 5-600 perhaps, 100 to 150 for stockers and 200 for gigmods......then the amp.......maybe piece it out like that?

Hmmm that could be a possibility.. I just searched on ebay and I see 2 combos going for near $1000 so.. I may start on that. I am going to sell locally here. There is a big music scene here and thousands of people are on a facebook group dedicated to selling instruments locally here so maybe I might get a hit?? :/