Need help with Boss NS-2 in my rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
I've been using the Hush on my Rocktron Xpression till now, but there was still so much feedback at band levels that drove everyone nuts. I would max out the Hush, it would kill my tone but the feedback would still not go away!

Now, I bought a Boss NS-2 today and threw it in the series loop on my RM4. It coloured my tone too much for my liking, but didnt kill the noise enough. Has anyone got the NS-2 running in their RM4 loop? If yes, can someone please tell me if I can do something to make it more transparent and effective?

Also, whats the difference between running it in the loop as opposed to running it before the preamp?

(And I know someone is going to tell me to buy the ISP Decimator, but thats really not an option right now :( )

Running in the loop takes out the noise caused by high gain preamps. Running in front of the RM4 only takes care of noise caused by any pedals before the guitar input.

you got that backwards, put your ns-2 outfront( last before the amp ) set the first knob all way to the right and the second all the way to the left and the third knob on reduction, and you''ll be perfect, unless you go full gain on an ultra module at very high volumes :wink: for me this pedal is a must have with any amp i've ever owned, i tried the isp and all it did was kill tone and still didn't stop everything. i had a rackmount hush super-c before that and it didn;t work at all on a 5150 duece or my old cyclone

I think I found the best way forward (thanks to Jaded Faith who uses a similar gear combination as me). NS2 in front with the knobs set the way Maximus suggested and the Xpression's Hush running in the parallel loop (set according to patch) simultaneously. Keeps it super quiet and the tone intact. Thanks guys 8)

Hey Harsha !

You got the:
Salvation Pit Viper, Egnater E-Rect, Modded Recto, 1086, Modern

which one is your favourite ?

How does your pit viper cut in the bandmix ?

Thanx, Sascha

Latest posts