need some help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djkal

Reaction score
i have a rm50 and i would like to get a better sound for lead, usually an amp has a lead channel but here it s different, when i hold a note it doesnt sounds smooth it rather vibrates and overdriven (high notes) ,, i was thinking about too much gain and having another module for soloing only with less gain and a delay,,btw my guitar is tune and seems ok it has new strings maybe they are not good ? they are dean markley super v 10-52

I would suggest maybe using a compressor for leads, adding a 5751 to the PI slot of the power section and maybe the V1 spot of the module, or maybe even using the master volume boost. You would need a single channel switch just like the one that changes channels on your amp now to trigger it.

What module are you using for leads anyway? The ones in your sig would lead me to believe that you shouldn't be having this issue. Also, can you give any examples of the type of lead tone you are hoping to get?

Hi eyeball im looking for something like is this love solo from whitesnake,,
right now im working at getting a good sound for the rythm no problem , but for solo im working on it im not real good but when i hold a note it doesnt sound right into my ear,, i need to tweek like u said maybe compressor, single channel switch not sure of what u mean ,, i have a footswitch, and plus i should receive sound a new speaker the super v so it might change the sound a lot or might not be an issue for my soloing problem,,

Isn't it just your action being too low, or a fret lifted?

Looking at your sig, I sincerely doubt it's your modules' fault

Nightdare said:
Isn't it just your action being too low, or a fret lifted?

Looking at your sig, I sincerely doubt it's your modules' fault

Fret buzz was also going to be my suggestion...especially if it's an issue with all your modules.

Another culprit for string choking is having magnetic pull (pickups too close to strings)....creates warbling and all sorts of issues that might affect smooth tone.

If none of that is a problem, I'd start looking into different speakers.

Is your sustain dying out? Vibrato will help if the guitar is set up right.

when you play the guitar acoustically can you hear a sitar-like sound on that string? That would be either a high fret or set up issue. If you've got a slight bow (bent back) in the neck it will cause this -- in this case try turning the truss rod about 1/8 turn counter clockwise. If you've got a slight warp (too much relief) the action will feel spongy (this would require a slight clockwise adjustment).

You can also check this by putting a capo on the first fret and then fretting a string at 15. If you've got a little bit of daylight under the fretted string, you should be fine. If you don't have any, you should add a little bit of relief. Once this is done, you can then adjust the bridge a bit (raise it maybe 1/8 turn counterclockwise on the screws) on each side. The retune and see what you've got.

A lot of instruments that are under $1500 have a high fret here and there. I went through this with a cheap Les Paul from Epiphone. I paid to have some fretwork done and it's fine now.

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/mesaclip1.mp3

Mark series MTS module FTW :D

Pete