need to buy and fit rm100 metal grill onto a rm100kh

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaGoo

Reaction score
might be buying a rm100KH this weekend. not a big fan of the tolex'd front panel with the logo on the front. instead i really like the metal grill that comes on the rm100m, specifically because i want to back-light it with colored LEDs (like schladog, jdr94, etc)

how easy is it to come by one of these? im assuming you cant buy it from randall, but i am not sure. but secondly, even if i could get one, would it be possible to even mount it on the amp? (not sure if there are dimension differences)

thanks
eddie

for the record. i ended up buying one from randall directly for 35 dollars

i havent mounted it yet but it appears the be the perfect size. im assuming due to thickness it will be recessed an inch or so unless i tack on some pieces of wood to mount this to on the existing mounts

I have one that I never used that I will sell you for $30. Drop me a PM if you are interested

Hi Rob

If it's still availabale I will take it

Gilles

the grill fits where the tolexed face panel was. i just need to put some strips of wood on the existing strips to mount the grill to, because otherwise it is recessed too far due to the thickness difference between the metal grill and wood tolexed face plate

ordered the red LEDs. going to tap into the fan wires with an on/off switch

done

before:

IMG_1000.jpg

after:

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

the amp looks stunning in person. hard to capture on my camera. the LEDs put out a LOT of light. lights up the wall behind it big time

i used two led strips. one in the front just behind the grill at 60cm. the one in the back i cut down (yes you can cut these LED strips i bought) the strip so that it would not extend out past the power tubes and be visible

wired an on/off switch in parallel to so that my chassis fan (what i tapped in to) stayed on and a switch i mounted in the chassis controls the leds on and off. btw the on/off switch mounted PERFECTLY in the existing hole in the top of the chassis where the large transformer mounts in . my amp had a gap next to the large screw that holds one of the sides that i attached my switch to

I've looked for it many times myself and have no idea where to find it. I think Randall has custom ordered the stuff from a manufacturer. I haven't found the alligator tolex for sale anywhere.