New Brahma Studio Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriswatts

Reaction score
Hi!

We've got some new tunes up on the ol' myspace page. Just completed + released a five song ep.

The two new songs that we've got posted from the session are called "Hayabusa's Lament" and "New Demons".

I'm playing a 90s modified tele (and a 1977 SG for the 'beefier' parts) and using my RM50 plus a bunch of pedals for various levels of increased boost/gain. Delay is MXR Carbon Copy and the reverb is an EH Holy Grail.

SM57 on the combo and a 421 on a carvin 2x12 cab. Also, there is a slight direct signal from a Radial box for a bit of punch; plus some room mics. Initial tracks were done in a 'dead room' and all overdubs out in a big live room.

Everything is going through the BRAHMA. I almost always like to layer different amps and cabs in the studio, but this time it was ALL RANDALL MTS. I did use the Super V on some other tracks from this session and I thought it was awesome. If anyone digs this stuff, I can post more later.

I'm no shredder.

Enjoy!

www.myspace.com/disguisedasbirds

Man....you need to get a Brahma or try one at least. They sound REALLY REALLY Good! Great 'everything' module. Especially with a Boost in front! :wink:

Clips sound REALLY GOOD!! We do jams like that once in a while. Not all shredding and Metal ALL THE Time! :D
SOUNDS GREAT POST SOME MORE!! 8)

this is awsome .... great tone .. your band kicks too !!! so much so i've added you guys on my bands myspace .. keep it up !!!! love your guys sound!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback, fellow Randall-Dudes. I can't tell you how awesome it was having this RM50 in the studio. Tons of tonal options, and I thought it worked out great.

I'll post some mic setup pics and more clips soon. I was wishing, however, that I had a Randall cab with the DI for an additional track. I bet that would sound killer.

It is really nice to have less 'takes' during a session, but actually more tracks. Run a randall combo + cab + DI + room mic = infinite possibilities.

On second thought...maybe too many possibilities!

:twisted: :?

Yes - I run the Brahma with the gain at about 4; the level just about all of the way up, and the master as high as possible (depending on the club/situation). I goose it with a stock BD2. I run an SD-1 after the blues driver, too...just to push it over the edge.

you guys remind me of CLUTCH ( i'm the # 1 fan for clutch!!!! )to a certain extent ... PRO ROCK all the way !!! keep it going

:twisted:

Dude - I wish. I love Clutch. Just an amazingly tight/loose and heavy band. I think I've got pretty much everything they've done besides the new DVD/CD but I wouldn't say they are a primary influence. Maybe subliminal...

Thanks though - love that band.

kriswatts said:
Dude - I wish. I love Clutch. Just an amazingly tight/loose and heavy band. I think I've got pretty much everything they've done besides the new DVD/CD but I wouldn't say they are a primary influence. Maybe subliminal...

Thanks though - love that band.

i wouldn't say you guys sound like them !! i dunno just something about your guys sound made me think of clutch !! loose groove , guitar tone !! i dunno !!! but i like it

i have everything Clutch has done even have the new DVD !!! which is good BUT you have to see em' live !!!!!

Those are indeed some very nice tracks! They have a very cool, kinda loose feel to them. I really like your music and the guitars sound awesome indeed, keep 'em coming :)