New guy here (sort of)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glassjaw7

Reaction score
Hi. Been lurking for awhile. You've seen me around Rig-Talk and the Boogie boards.

I've been wanting to piece together a rack rig for years now, and I may finally be looking for the first pieces, seeing as I'm playing out a lot and the Module fetish is hitting me pretty hard!

Someone recently suggested that I check out some clips of the Salvation mods and they absolutely blew me away!!! They seem like they can hang with the big boys, and they may be the closest I will get to owning a "room" full of boutique amps.

I'm currently playing out with my Pod HD500 into the fx return of a tube head and it sounds great and is very versatile. I also have a mint Mark IVB that I love but won't take out until I get a road case for it. :)

Seems like a rack rig with a Boogie power amp or maybe a Randall RT2-50 and a M4/RM4 would just KILL!!! I LOVE the "Shiver" Salvation mod for that old Chains tone (my fav tone of all time) and the Mash-oldano is killer. Actually they all sound amazing from the clips!

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to learning alot from you guys! What better time to get into the MTS stuff, when Mike Fortin is becoming involved with Randall and Dave Friedman (whom I've worked with before) not to mention the other great modders and stock modules!

Jordan

Glad to have you, dude! The MTS line is a strange (but beautiful) bird. We're fortunate to have some amazing modders that are really pushing and developing the line. Hope you are able to put together that killer rig of yours. Good bunch of folks here, who will put themselves in harms way to help a fellow MTS brother out (after you go through the mandatory initiation and hazing, though!)

crankyrayhanky said:
Hey, I know you from RigTalk- welocme aboard!
MTS GAS is lethal!

Hey RT buddy! Yes, it is! I'm already racking my brain trying to narrow down my choices to 4 modules, haha. Might have to sell some stuff to get this rig off the ground, but for now Im just observing. Thanks for the welcome!

glassjaw7 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
MTS GAS is lethal!

Hey RT buddy! Yes, it is! I'm already racking my brain trying to narrow down my choices to 4 modules, haha. Might have to sell some stuff to get this rig off the ground, but for now Im just observing. Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome sir. Good luck with narrowing down what modules you want. No one is happy until they try them all. Sometimes more than once for some of us. :lol: As the others said, a great bunch of folks with great opinions of tone. Pro modders have a crazy time keeping up with us tone junkies and we are like a wild pack of dogs on the latest version that comes out. The modular world has been compared to Pokemon as well, Gotta catch em all. hahahaha
So, sell some gear and dig in elbows deep. Lots of great modded modules in the classifieds but never shy away from stockers. I have found many that I could live happy with as well.
Cheers!

glassjaw7 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
MTS GAS is lethal!

4 modules you say? Muhahahahhahahaa! Welcome! :)

The Masholdano Tite is awesome, that's a great choice for the final 4. I'm not sure what setting the nonTites have, but the values he selected for the Tite are perfect! This 1 mod gets you in the ballbark of his other great mods S1S0, Salvado, and Mashall :twisted:

Cool. How aggressive can the Mash-oldano get? Thick, chunky metal territory? If I was to go with all Salvation, I'm thinking LoneClean, Matchvox, XTC (then I'd have my Shiver sound also:), and the Mash-oldano. Problem is, I really dig the Angel and Mamba. And some of the others... :lol:
****, it's starting already!

glassjaw7 said:
Cool. How aggressive can the Mash-oldano get? Thick, chunky metal territory? If I was to go with all Salvation, I'm thinking LoneClean, Matchvox, XTC (then I'd have my Shiver sound also:), and the Mash-oldano. Problem is, I really dig the Angel and Mamba. And some of the others... :lol:
s*&t, it's starting already!

I may be the culprit suggesting Salvation. :twisted: The Mash-oldano is a quite versatile module, I would suggest it. I personally prefer the LoneClean to the TwinFace, but I prefer Mesa cleans -- so there you go. You keep going; 4 modules will turn to 6, 6 to 8, 8 to a large Rubbermaid container full... :lol:

Dude run away now!!!!Before your quest for tone becomes a overpowering addiction and you find your self locked in your studio for days on end twisting knobs and bending strings..

I bought my RM100 in November my wife has left my kids don't know me and i look like a member of ZZtop all because of my addiction to modules...

CeeCee said:
Dude run away now!!!!Before your quest for tone becomes a overpowering addiction and you find your self locked in your studio for days on end twisting knobs and bending strings..

I bought my RM100 in November my wife has left my kids don't know me and i look like a member of ZZtop all because of my addiction to modules...
Too late! It's been an addiction for years. Rig-Talk, Dave Friedman, boutique shops, and YouTube/Soundclick/tonefinder have ruined my life! :p...although my wife hasn't left me, not yet anyway. (sorry, if that's a true story BTW)

The MTS stuff is just one more thing to drool over. Thanks for the warm welcome and advice so far, guys!

Welcome glassjaw, I too just wandered over here from Rig Talk.... I know what you are talking about and good luck as you start your quest!!

Latest posts