New guy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egynd

Reaction score
Hi , just getting to know this forum. Traded my old marshall for an Randall RM100KH head, and man it slays:D

i have the KH modules and just got a Ultra Lead module the other day..

While i like that module , i was wondering if there was an easy DIY mod to make it tighter and maybe get more gain out of it ? ( i have mid output Dimarzio Pickups). And if that also can be done for any of the KH 2-3 modules? maybe not tighter bass on the KH , but a bit more gain on the KH2 atleast :)

any info or help would be much apreciated :D

Ps. I live in Norway so i have difficulties just shipping them and get them modded ....

Welcome!!

There's a DIY section with a lot of info.
There is the tightness mod, which is replacing the C3 cap with a lower value to allow less bass into the gainstages.
Gain mods I'm not sure about, maybe you should start a post about it in the DIY section. :)

egynd said:
Ps. I live in Norway so i have difficulties just shipping them and get them modded ....
Salvation Mods is in the EU ;) Anthony is in the Czech Republic.
So that might still be an option too.

thanks :) I`ll start a new Thread in the DIY. Just unsure where to put all my questions xD

I have to say I LOVE this stuff.. The MTS stuff and everything:) make a guitarist`s life so easy :D

just hope I can afford all the modded modules soon to : P

egynd said:
thanks :) I`ll start a new Thread in the DIY. Just unsure where to put all my questions xD

I have to say I LOVE this stuff.. The MTS stuff and everything:) make a guitarist`s life so easy :D

just hope I can afford all the modded modules soon to : P
No problem, glad to have another member in the community!
What kind of music do you play?

Mods bring out the best in these amps!
But without mods it's already killer :)

i play metal and Progressive music (Metallica,DT and stuff ) or.. I TRY to play that :p hehe

yeah i know i`ve gotten into another world of tubeamps.
I love the stock sounds, but you guys here have well... made me into a modded module deciple.. all reviews and videos i see of the different modded stuff seem SOOOOO much better than stock, so I can just imagine ;)

m0jo said:
Seems like a Salvation Mods MarkUs might be just the thing for you ;)

Hehe I thought so to :) That and /or angel (had an Powerball that i miss)

wish I was a millionare so i could afford them all :p

egynd said:
m0jo said:
Seems like a Salvation Mods MarkUs might be just the thing for you ;)

Hehe I thought so to :) That and /or angel (had an Powerball that i miss)

wish I was a millionare so i could afford them all :p
Don't have to be, the prices are very reasonable. ;)

I know .. hehe I`m trying to hold of a bit so i could buy two or something at the same time :p

I`ll definitely buy either/or.. I feel like a kid in a candy store xD

Try using a clean boost in front of any module you want more gain out of.

In case you are not familiar with that technique, set up an OD box with the level all the way up, and the gain all the way down. This will tighten up the amp and add gain.

^this O/D advice is good. I too was surprised at the lack of ultra-gain on the KH2, but then you listen back to that old 80s metal and realize the gain was quite a bit less than modern amps.

There's always the progression of seeking more and more gain, but then by the time you jam with a band loudly or record it gets scaled way back- wherever I like my gain, I dial back a bit and it always comes out improved.

However, I do use multiple boosts at times: mw1>ZW o/d> Kill switch or Fire on my Salvation mods...I love the edge clean boosts provide

I agree with the last two posts as well. I've played an RM100 head for years before I ever discovered the modded module scene and I got great tone. The key was using a good overdrive pedal. Almost any one will do. Make sure the gain is dialed back and it will push the front end of your amp a little harder and make things much tighter. Gain? You can always add as much gain as you need with an OD, but I agree with crankyray, you will need to dial it back in a live situation and recording or you will have issues with cutting through. Gain is cool, but it can kind of thin out your tone in a way. IMO most people aren't seeking more gain as much as a different voicing and punch in a certain frequency range. An EQ pedal or rack unit could help too. Everyone has their own taste in tone. Welcome and experiment. MTS is fun stuff. :wink:

yeah i know about the O/D pedal, but on my ENGL Powerball i had to much gain , and found it easier to dial back gain than add.. and i would love to not having to use a pedal to push it. I know that kirk always use Tubescreamer , but well... the less i need to get my sound , the better : P

thanks again guys :) I really like this forum, cause everybody seems nice and have some cool info :)

MTS rules :D

egynd said:
yeah i know about the O/D pedal, but on my ENGL Powerball i had to much gain , and found it easier to dial back gain than add.. and i would love to not having to use a pedal to push it. I know that kirk always use Tubescreamer , but well... the less i need to get my sound , the better : P
thanks again guys :) I really like this forum, cause everybody seems nice and have some cool info :)
MTS rules :D
Sounds like you need some modded modules.
How about a Salvation Angel w/ bells and whistles?
IMG_2446.JPG

Check out these cool links: http://salvationmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=909142&content=music

Sounds like you need some modded modules.
How about a Salvation Angel w/ bells and whistles?
IMG_2446.JPG

bandID=909142&content=music

Yeah I want one of those :D I got the pricelist so this boy is gonna shop as soon as he can afford :D