New mod announcement: Dumble OD Special

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kurtisqpublic said:
Need to get one of these on order! What's the waiting period to get the mod done?[/quote
Usually in about a week. Very snappy.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Don't forget it is recorded with a Zoom unit and likely is off axis and further away so the detail will not be picked up the same way. I hear this more of an ambient mic, somewhere between a ribbon style recording and room mic recording. I also don't know the character of Dumbles but I think they are supposed to be smooth.

Maybe my comment sounded harsher that it was meant...? You are right of course that the recording method (and speakers) probably has more influence on the tone that even the things I mentioned :)

It's a very nice sound indeed and while I appreciate the harmonics of my Egnater COD, I think it tends to sound a little more compressed then this new module, which potentially makes this offering a little more versatile.

It's all good...so many modules, so little money :)

crankyrayhanky said:
IME JF has super quick turnaround :D

you betcha! Shipping to and fro was the greatest part of my wait. When I got an email from Rob, I expected it was to confirm that he'd received my module, not that he'd finished and was sending it back.

Thanks for all the kind words and it's good to hear it is well received. There was a lot of long hours going back to the drawing board and applying new design concepts on this one and it sounds like it was well worth it.

I am not 100% on the details of Rod's rig, but I'll ask him to chime in on this thread about that.

JKD: I don't think anything you said sounded harsh. Objective at most. The COD you mention is one of the few modules I have never seen nor played, but I am certain this mod took a VERY different approach than anything ever offered. The labor involved alone makes that a certainty!

I have always prided myself on as quick a turn around as possible, no matter how many hours it takes or how long the days may be. Glad to hear that doesn't go unnoticed. :wink:

Stay tuned for a few more new announcements that are almost ready...

Can you get a good clean sound with this module by rolling the volume down or by turning down the gain knob?

**** Rob you have done it again. This mod sounds incredible. That tone sounds perfect for me. It will be a great addition to my collection so that i cover the full spectrum of tones. I already have the Super Clean for all kinds of clean stuff and a 1087 for hi gain. This will cover that middle spectrum. I must have it. Once i have the money to spare i am going to look into it. I am also considering a Erect or MarkX cause i am starting to miss the Mesa tones. Can't wait to see more.

I got the clean tone I'd dreamed of when I got the Superclean and after hearing the soundclips of this I have now heard my lead tone. Well done Rob.

Calling dibs on the first one that someone buys and flips...LOL ;-)

I just sent mine off for the mod yesterday...

If it's as good as I imagine, I see no flips in the near future...

Hi all. Its Rod who did the sound clips of the OD Special.
I used my RM50 combo loaded with gold lion Reissue KT66s. The module has a lot of dynamics. Using my Zoom H1 it was more of a room mic. The smooth thing is part.me and part module. I use Zhangbucker 10000 ohm humbuckers. With single coils it's more open sounding. I also used a WGS British lead high powered speaker. Rob really nailed this tone. Very different (in a good way) than my other lead mods. Any other questions.. just ask

ctgblue said:
Rod said:
Yes you can get a great clean sound out of this.mod

Is it a 'warm clean' like the Deluxe or the 'brighter clean' sound?
You can actually make it either sound....depending on where you set the EQ and switches. It is an extremely versatile module. I used it the other day in a recording session that they needed a clean Blackface type rhythum tone. It sounded great

I know Rob is dealing with some unforeseen circumstances, but the wait is killing me... Can't wait until she ships! Playing church gigs with a recto module just isn't cutting it.

GAS for this module is at an all time high... especially hearing the demo was with KT66's. I'd love to hear this with an EL34 :)

Latest posts