new tunes final mix

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus1

Reaction score
finally, my band just recorded 2 new songs, they'll be up very soon :twisted: we got a new lineup and changed our name. i guess 3 years of waiting is long enough. couple days maybe, be ready

here it is, i think it still needs work but whatever, don't mind the weak profile its just for the songs at the moment.

www.myspace.com/bandamongthedead

i'm going back to some of the earlier raw recordings for my final mix, this one sounds weird to me and the guitar tone is not what i started with to say the least. oh well too many mastering options available i guess. since no one has any comments i guess theres no sense in asking for a comparison between what i got now and what will be there next week. its alright i've only got maybe 2 or 3 more posts left in me before i leave the forum forever. i'll save the best for last though be sure of that

maximus1 said:
here it is, i think it still needs work but whatever, don't mind the weak profile its just for the songs at the moment.

www.myspace.com/bandamongthedead

Sounds like a lot going on...lol, not my type of music but the guitar sounds pretty heavy...you tuned to C or summat? (I'm tone deaf too...could be seven strings and B I suppose? )

7 strings in drop a. yeah , i think we over did it. the guitar tone went from juicy and thick to stiff and sterile and the kick drum is quite loud. our singer does a pretty good jabba the hut though

updated with the final mix. i'm much happier with my tone. its unaltered and exactly what i played with no eq or effects. let me know what you think. can you guess the amp?

My memory isn't that great but the guitar sounds rawer I think..still buried by that guy vomiting though ;)

thanks for listening, i guess the singer was too much for alot of people, you should see him live ,he's an animal on stage. i figured most people on here wouldn't be into that kind of metal but i was hoping to get some insight, oh well. we'll probably do a few more songs pretty soon and get our myspace to look legit as well. in case anyone was wondering the right side guitar is a 6505+ through a vader cab and the left side is a 5150 signature through a vht fat bottom. both guitars are 7 strings one ibanez and one schecter

Hey man, I quite enjoy the sound, but I'm afraid it all starts sounding similar after a couple of minutes. I'm a fan of melodic death metal like In Flames and Soilwork, so screaming isn't really new to me. Singer is too one tracked for my tastes, I'd want some variety between growls and screams. Different strokes for different folks though - keep up what makes you happy :twisted:

yeah we need more dynamics, but we do like to keep structure when write, but i know what you mean

Super heavy and tight!!!! I became a fan of Among The Dead overnight, and I can't stop listening to your two new songs. I feel bad saying this, but I once owned an rm100, and guess what? The 6505+ destroys it!!!! One more thing maximus1, I'm so glad to see your band is staying true to metal, and that you don't sound like "melodic death metal". Melodic and death just don't go together!!!! When I think of death, I think of smashing someones face in with a sledge hammer, (sorta similar to your music style) and when I think of "melodic" I think of little fags running aroung stage with short little shorts on, kind of like Killswitch Engage does. Stay true brother!!!!

maximus, dude you're guitar tone is massive!! bet you guys are sick live; if you're ever over toward philly, i'll be there. flaunt your originality bro. first time i heard SOD and Serj did that demonic growling ****, it was totally foreign but ya know what, music should be challenging sometimes, and take people out of their comfort zones. be true to yourself and you'll win fans.

and yo darcy, my band does grunge pop; think i'll work little shorts into our show...the chicks might dig it. You shoulda picked up a Rob Mod "Cobra Killer" module before you sold your RM100 tho'; it'll hang with that 6505