Newbie here, new RM22 head....dig it so far

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Reaction score
Just saying hello. :) My first Randall amp, and a very happy customer so far. Picked up a new RM22 head and paired it up with a Bogner 1x12 Cube cab loaded with a V30. Great sounding setup! Still tweeking here and there and getting a feel for the boost levels etc. I play mainly at home and have a 3 year old boy who's room is right over my music room, so I can't crank it up, but the RM22 sounded great at lower volumes, or direct into my computer and using some IRs. Right now I have the stock Deluxe and XTC modules it came with and just got a GTO(The Judge) mod yesterday. So far I have been able to dial that middy thick gain I love up. Although I think I need to back off the mids a tad, since the V30 in the cube is middy, my Charvel with a Duncan JB is middy as well! Almost like I can't dial up the highs enough.

Welcome, I bet that sounds monstrous through the Bogner Cube...great cab!

Welcome!

I too have a little one overhead...
Are you running out of the xlr for direct & impluses, or using the loops>impulses?

crankyrayhanky said:
Welcome!

I too have a little one overhead...
Are you running out of the xlr for direct & impluses, or using the loops>impulses?

Thanks. So far I have only used the XLR out to my interface. I have only been using the impulses that are built into my TH2(Overloud) standalone software. Which is pretty cool since its got a lot of cab IRs, even some Randall cabs like the Lynchbox cabs. If I don't use my pedal delay in the loop of the RM22, I'll add a delay and reverb after the cab impulses in TH2.

I'm also debating trying a few different speakers out in the Cube. I love V30's, but they are LOUD. I do have a Scumback M75 I might try though, might balance out my mids and hush it down just a tad. I also have a Hellatone G12H30

Latest posts