NGD for me ! (i built it too!)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felineguitars

Reaction score
FelineLionSpecial1.jpg

This one has been on the cards for a while
It's an all mahogany Lion with a carved top (like a maple cap one would have)
It's a lot thinner than a full Les Paul (weighs 7.2 lbs)
I wanted to make a guitar that would have the tonal characteristics of a flying V (or SG) but in a neat compact Les Paul style shape. (I am a big flying V fan but I wanted it to be comfy to slouch on the couch with - hence this shape)

FelineLionSpecial6.jpg

Bridge is a Tonepros nashville style Tunamatic
Tailpiece studs are the Tonepros split ones that clamp down on the tailpiece and give full contact - great for resonance
the tailpiece itself is a lightweight Aluminium one
Pickups are BKP Cold Sweats - which sound great in this - paired with 550k pots and oil and paper capacitors

FelineLionSpecial4.jpg

Our all access neck joint is there as ever - total ease for high end fretting

FelineLionSpecial5.jpg

You can see that the body is thinner than normal - it's a bit like PRS thickness, so its about 32mm at the edge and 46mm at the centre

FelineLionSpecial3.jpg

This guitars features our new inlays that we will officially introduce on our "20th Anniversary Ltd Edition Lion" which will debut in a few months

FelineLionSpecial2.jpg

You can see the inlays , the Earvana nut and the new inlaid Feline logo on the headstock - looks beautiful in Mother of Pearl

FelineLionSpecial7.jpg

Close up of the pearl logo

I dig it. I like the pearl logo too. Looks like a really classy piece. I've seen some of your other work and it is really cool stuff. It's like the best of the traditional with a nod to the practicality of modern innovation.

A beauty. Body thickness looks like a McCarty or Heritage H140, and the full Mahogany paired with ColdSweats should be great. I am missing the cats eyes at the 12th fret though.

Good choice having those frets ends go over the binding, I hate the plastic on the fret ends like Gibson does it, always catches the high E on too wide vibratos.