New Guitar Day - Feline Lion (like Les Paul)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felineguitars

Reaction score
Some of you may know that I make guitars for a living, but I dont often get to make a guitar exclusively for myself.
So ok - I needed another guitar like a hole in the head (according to my girlfriend) , but I use it as an excuse for keeping my interest in my business alive and well on a selfish personal level.
It also means that I will always have certain guitars on hand for players to try out as well....

So it's a Feline Lion (which is our Arched toop singlecut design) with all my favourite bits:
Sperzel tuners
Earvana Nut
Rosewood board with Dunlop 6000 frets & real MOP inlays
As ever I use a 3 piece quartersawn neck with a deep tenon into the body that allows a fabulous carved heel that gives easy high fret access
Bare Knuckle Pickups Mule Pickups
CTS pots and Vitamin Q caps
Tonepros bridge
Tonepros split tailpiece studs and an aluminium tailpiece
Finish was supposed to be similar to PRS Tiger Eye finish - we stained the wood black and sanded off the stain - leaving it trapped in the grain , then went over with a rich amber stain giving the quite striking look you see
Body thickness is about 5mm thinner than a full depth Lion- weight is about 8.5lbs

Sounds fabulous through my Egnater & Randall Rig!

So here she is

jonathanlion1.jpg

jonathanlion2.jpg

Here you can see the arched top

jonathanlion.jpg

The all important all access neck joint
jonathanlion21.jpg

Even the knobs match the finish - tasty!

jonathanlion11.jpg

Nice. I like the heel. I love single cuts but often bemoan the big square heel that almost all of them have. I also like the Bare Knuckles. Sharp. Thanks for posting.