Non-Permanent Settings Markings

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EWSEthan

Reaction score
Is anyone marking their settings on their modules? My knobs always get out of place in transit and I lose the settings Ive spent quite a bit of time fine tuning. Now, granted you have to adjust somewhat for each room, but Id like to mark my defaults. Im thinking maybe a dulled #2 pencil? Obviously, youd want it to not rub off, but easily be completely removable.

-Matt

Painter's tape? There are blue and green ones that you can buy in any hardware store, normally used to mask off areas while painting. I've never put them on my modules but I'm sure it would work pretty well. Cut it into thin strips and if you have a pair of jeans available, stick the tape to the jeans and pull it off to dull the adhesive a little bit then place it on the module face and viola! Your positions are marked and it's totally removable! :) I've seen guys use this method a lot and it seems to work, so that's my shot at it! :wink:

Try this:

Get a piece of vinyl sticker (from a sign shop) in a bright color like orange. Use a paper hole punch and puch out little dots. Peel and stick. :wink:

I just run a strip of gaff tape across the top and mark on that.

I use the painter's tape method, although i just rip small pieces off and then mark the right spot on the tape with a pen. it's saved me on a number of occasions :)

ned said:
I just run a strip of gaff tape across the top and mark on that.

Spike tape is also good, as it comes in different colours! But I haven't come across many people outside the Theater business who even know what gaff tape or spike tape is!

Take a photo with your digital camera. Paste the photo onto a Word doc with a photo for each module, print and throw it in your gig bag.

What about some sort of glow in the dark tape? Maybe would be useful on dark stages. Just a thought.

-Matt

module_dots.jpg

I used a sticking making machine my mom has for scrapbooking. I picked a color paper and then ran it through this device and then as someone else said, used a small hole puncher and made dots. It was a paint to separate and stick on the amp (I used a tooth pick), but they've been there for about 8 months.

Cody

grrr... how come it didnt work? I've posted pictures before from other sites... anyone have ideas?

Cody

lucidness said:
grrr... how come it didnt work? I've posted pictures before from other sites... anyone have ideas?

Cody

because you left the "t=1170261685" on the end. the part between the tags should end in .gif or .jpg or something like that (i posted your pic below). By the way--i like the look of this. much cleaner than my torn painter's tape.

module_dots.jpg

Awesome! thanks for the fix.

I'm pleased with the dots. I want to redo it with a few different colors. maybe with green, yellow, and red; each for a different setting. Often I have to tweek some of the modules for a specific song or set, especially if I leave my m4 at home and only use the RM100.

Cody