Noob - dumb question.. sorry

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeychunki

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im new to this site. After months of short listing i've managed to purchase a 2nd hand Randall 2x12 CB MTS cab. These things appear to be great value for money, weigh a ton & built like a tank. I'm hooking this up to some rack gear - ADA Mp1 / Mesa 50/50 power amp.

This is a stupid question but i've tried to open the back of the cab up as i understand you can use it 1/3 open. I've taken the screws out of the top 1/3 & it hasnt dropped out, do i need to force it out or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance
Paul
:D randall owner!

I'm sorry but are you serious? Of course it wont come loose by itself, you have to remove it by hand. If it still is stuck you haven't loosened the screws enough.

/Niklas

To reiterate my point above.... I've removed all the screws in the 1/3rd section and it still appears to be firmly held in place. I don't have the manual so I don't want to use force if there's something else attaching it

It's not attached to anything. E.g. you have to remove that cover to access the powertubes.

If the cover sits firmly I would do the following: Remove the screws completly, then use both hands and pull at both edges of the cover. Maybe the wood has expanded a little and therefore sits tighter.

If it's still won't budge I would use something with a hard thin edge, like a flat screwdriver or knife, and use that as a wedge.

You can download a manual here: http://www.randallamplifiers.com/images/stories/manuals/RM100manual.pdf

/Niklas

Cabinet backs like that are almost always very snug. You'll probaby have to pull and pry harder than you are comfortable with. You may also want to take a close look at the joint to make sure it was not glued. I have had 2 RM50s with the backs glued on.

I had two of those cabs and the back 1/3rd panels never gave up easily. My solution is to remove all the screws like you have, then remove one of the side handles. Gently place your hand inside the cab and tap the panel out from the inside. Worked every time.
Rob

Before jacking a screwdriver in there and possibly damaging tolex: try sticking two screws in there, not all the way in (so they're just in the panel), push em sideways slightly (not too hard! just so the grooves catch) and pull ;)

That doesn't work if it's really wedged in there though. But it should give you a little bit more (or.. something at all) to pull on.

Latest posts