Normalizing output levels

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got an RM100 and I use a Boss GT-10 for effects and channel switching. Through the GT-10 I can adjust the level of each "patch". Now I've got the EV Trilogy which opens up so many other great tone possibilities at the flip of a switch (i, ii or iii), but during live performance I'd like to be able to just walk over to the amp and flip that switch without having to adjust volume levels. What is the best solution? Attenuator?

Thanks in advance for your input. Never had "channels" within channels before :roll:

attenuator? No I do not like that idea, especially for this issue

Get used to the settings you like to use and eventually the slight module volume adjustment when flipping I II III is easy to do on the fly.

crankyrayhanky said:
attenuator? No I do not like that idea, especially for this issue

Get used to the settings you like to use and eventually the slight module volume adjustment when flipping I II III is easy to do on the fly.

This. Virtually every mod will have a volume flutter when settings change since you are effectively re-routing the signal so your best solution is mark your settings and make a subtle change when you flip toggles...

OR

You could try a compressor to even out the signal but that will affect tone and dynamics.

Just sent you the following via email as well:

Unfortunately you are going to have to make minor volume adjustments to the modules when changing switches. The I/II/III switch is completely reconfiguring the gain stages. As Gain is defined as a change in signal level (aka: volume), you will have to use the Master on the module for make up gain as needed.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I think I've gotten too used to my feet doing everything!

When I was using my rm4 for lots of gigs..the volume between modules was a big thing to "get down".
Took a while..it was so worth it, when I got it down to a science.

Versatility and great tone has a price.

GtrGeorge