• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ouch...top mods on the block

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Prices include shipping and paypal
This hurts, but it must be done due to taxes, bills, + <drum roll> new baby on the way :shock:
May the modders forgive me....

Gigmods XTC $349....Crazy Cranky discount now $319! on HOLD
new XTC pro Mod - includes c/w mod, red Faceplate, creme
chickenhead knobs, push/pull gain switch, push/pull mid shift. Has
added gain but is modded to be closer tonewise to a 2004 101B Ecstacy
This one was created around the same time M Wagner received his- good enough for Wag, good enough for you!

Gigmods Brown $339 ....Crazy Cranky discount now $309!
includes c/w mod, Black Faceplate, Marshall style
knobs, and reshaping of the module's tone, gain and compression to
get the coveted 'Brown sound'.
I took some yellow electrical tape and made a EVH style design on the faceplate; easily removed but it looks cool IMO. I also have a blackstripe faceplate I can throw in if you want it.
rare module :cry:

Jaded Faith Mr. Scary Crazy Cranky now $269! Awesome sounding modded hi gain Marshall tone. This has JF fanatstic upgrades in sound quality, as well as a built in noise gate. This noise gate works great, but be aware it is always on...I was going to have JF put it on a switch or just remove it completely, but if someone else wants this mod I can ship directly to JF if you want for those changes if desired, but any additional cost will be between you and JF. Regardless, new Scarys are $299 and this tone is far superior, so it is a great deal regardless of your decision on the gate.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7387
I've bought/sold/traded modules dozens of times on this forum.
I go by the same name on eBay and other gear sites as well with 100% feedback.

Egnater TWN Crazy Cranky now $149! SOLD
single channel black faceplate version. Waaay better quality than stock Randall clean modules. I think Eggys are hand made one at a time, so this great value, as is the DLX....

Egnater DLX $159 Crazy Cranky now $149! SOLD
single channel black faceplate version.

Gigmods Mark $449 SOLD
Losing this one blows...described in this thread
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9441
3 way bass cap 3way mid switch + 2 way push pull= 6 mid voicings
One of a kind :(

It's a ***** when ya have to sell due to shifting priorities...but congratulation Ray!

I'm interested in a high gain Marshall tone ...is there a place where I can hear this module before buying?

I love the Brown, but if you're seeking hi gain Marshall tone, there may be better options

Brown has more gain than a Plexi, not quite as much as SL+; that being said, with a clean boost, the wholesome mid tones of the Brown can get into some of that modern smoother gain like 5 Finger Death Punch's new disc. It is a warmer tone witrh my Gibson's, excellent for leads, if I had a new Charvel with the maple fretboard I bet that would be an ideal combination to get EVH and beyond

I was just responding to your description of your module. I have the plexi and it sounds sweet. I think i'm gonna buy an SL+ as well ... so yours lies somewhere in between then? Again, is there a site where i can listen to that particular module and mod?

Ray is a great guy to deal with, buy with confidence.
Congrats with the new addition to the family on the way Ray. I'm in the same boat (Life is going to change in a big way in mid July). I feel for you, having to sell off your modded gear. I'm doing a bit of clearing as well, only at the moment, I've managed to stay away from the essential musical items, and for the majority of things away from the music room completely.
Cheers

Aww shoot...
I didn't check to see if the sounds were still there - I just assumed.

Looks like Pete needs to update his site since he moved.

Latest posts