output transformer/ soulinsane

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterOf1Angel

Reaction score
Is Soulinsane still the guy for these? Can't get in touch with him. Could someone point me to the transformer where to buy it? thanks!

*Update* I called MM and they pointed me to a place. I got instructions from soul but I was confused on which way to mount the transformer - he said 90 degrees and away but which way? toward the back or side?

-Angel

I just put one in my RM100 and you do have to just turn the Transformer around 1/4 turn so that you can use 2 of the original holes from the stock transformer. You have 2 drill 2 holes but the metal shavings will not fall into the board but rather onto the table you are working on since you already have the amp chassis removed from the headshell. I know it sounds like more trouble then its worth but really not too bad. I was a little 'nervous' at 1st but feel if I had to do it again I could easily. I was prepared to just take the amp and the new MM tranny to my local music store if I feel I was getting in over my head. But we did the job in a couple hours walking into it blind. WELL WORTH IT!!! Brings the TONE out of that amp. Going to replace the choke on it next. That is only a couple wires vs 8 wires. I say GO FOR IT! But once again, if you dont feel comfortable, have a amp tech at a music store install it. Like a whole new amp.
Hope this info helps a little.
Dan

also, get yourself a small horseshoe magnet to catch the metal fillings!!

just put the magnet around the hole (from the top) your about to drill. whalah. virtually no metal fillings escape when your done drilling. clean off the magnet with a cloth when your done with each hole.

Thats a GREAT idea! :D
See...lot of cool people here willing to share ideas and help out. Love this forum!
Dan in Michigan

just a little tip i thought would be VERY HELPFULL in the success of his install. if it came late, i'm sorry. but it should help the next guy.

bhuard75 said:
just a little tip i thought would be VERY HELPFULL in the success of his install. if it came late, i'm sorry. but it should help the next guy.
Another tip.......We left the original connectors to the board intact. Just spliced the wires.....soldered the new to the old....the used shrink tube on them. Came out perfectly. Didnt have to unhook anything from the board which is what I was fearing to do. Sounds and plays PERFECT! 8)