Parallel FX Loop Jump in MOD50?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrous12

Reaction score
I have seen some comments about jumping the parallel loop and messing with the FX mix knob to add in an additional tube and alter the tone/feel of some of the RM amps.
Does this apply to the MOD50 as well? Of course I can and will try for myself, but not sure when I'll have a chance so I thought I would see if others could comment in the meantime.

I jump the paralell loop on all my mts amps except for my rm4 which has a hardwire rv-7 running through it.. gives you a huge boost in tightness, volume and gain.. I had a b52 at100 head that had a loop on/off switch on the footswitch and jumping the loop game me a pseudo 4th channel at the push of a switch.
-mp-
I always run it 100% wet

I did this last night on my MOD50. Certainly found the volume increase starting at around 12:00. I had to have my volume down for night time playing (not mouse fart quiet, but not moving much air) so it was hard to really notice much tonal difference. It may have increased clarity a tad, but I'll have to mess with it more at a higher volume to say for sure.

The MTS amps are all the same in regards to the loops, so there is no harm in doing it with your MOD 50.

I will correct Matt's comment about always running it at 100% wet. Dial it in to taste based on your situation. As with any type of boost (think of the Loudness button on a stereo), it's less necessary and can get to be too much as levels are increased. You MAY like it full on all the time, but that's strictly a personal preference. I typically have it set minimally if playing in a band setting.

The concept is that you are running the signal through additional gain stages in the FX loop tube.

To be honest, I am not sure I hear any tonal difference doing this with the mix at any point. I get a noticeable volume increase, but I don't really hear anything different in tone or clarity as compared to not using the loop and turning the master up to reach an equal volume.
I do think it increases the gain though, which with the amount of gain in the modules doesn't seem necessary.
Been messing around with a new pickup in one of my guitars and have spent less of my time really concentrating on this. There are a lot of variables with the different volumes, EQ and gain controls so I will need to mess with this piece of it some more. Good to have options...just making the learning curve a little longer.

Latest posts