Pedal users are you all running them up front of the RM?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To-student

Reaction score
Unless you are using the eb tech thing right?

Delays and mod pedals sound okay up front with gain modules?

Yep.
Just hear too many people talking about running pedals with the MTS stuff mostly rack processors.

:)

Pedals were/are made to be up front. I've wired or adapted mine to be true bypass. When you do that you also need to check the stomp switch, either 2PDT or 3PDT, for excessive capacitance and/or resistance.
You need a good meter for that.

I just run any true bypass through the front. Anything that is not true bypass I try it out up front to see if it sucks the tone or dynamics. If it doesn't it stays, if it does I move it to the parallel loop and use a switch to turn it off and on. I love my uni-vibe sound from my v-wah but it has a nasty phasing effect that changed the sound terribly when not in use. I took a a/b switch and use it for a break when not in use and therefore our of the signal. I also use a VHT Valvulator up front to hit the pre amp and effects hard and man what a punch!

Also if you run a fairly long chain 8 or more pedals up front, make sure you've got one buffered bypass in there -- preferably just prior to the amp.

This is what I am considering running if this helps:

Planet Wave tuner (bypass)
DD3
EVH Phaser
OCD OD (bypass ??)
MXR 10b eq
Digitech digi delay (chorus feature)

Can I run the EQ in either loop or does that sound like crap also?

You could probably run all that through the loop if you wanted. Just note one thing. Almost always use an OD in the front.

I run a volume, wah, and Keeley modded TS808 in front of my RM4. But I have an analog delay and stereo chorus after the preamp (not in the effects loop) and before the poweramp. The stereo chorus' 2 outs feed into a Mesa 20/20 which in turn feeds a stereo wired 2x12 cab. I get a nice wide sound when the chorus is engaged.

--PJ