Pics of my Recto modded module (say that 3x fast)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chesterburmingham said:
ok pete i have a couple of questions for you
1) are you willing to give details on exactly how to do that mode for the sl+
2) if not, how can i get that done?!

i really like the idea of having the switch for the jcm mod, and also having the second switch just for more tonal adjustments. and lets face it, the faceplat is bitchin too!!! i've had marshall knobs on my sl+ for a while now, but i definately like your faceplate more then my stock one.

also i know this is a threat mainly focused on the recto, and i apologise for the questions on the sl+, this just seemed to be the easiest way to ask.

1) The mod is here on this message board - you basically change the slope resistor and the treble capacitor. As far as detailing how to make it switchable - I'd rather not. I mentioned it in another thread, but some people have been burning their boards pretty badly just replacing a component. To do this mod, you have to be able to drill a hole accurately in the module chassis - if you're off by 1/8", it won't fit. It's very tight between the pots. Then you'll have to wire six connections on a switch that will mess up if you get it too hot, and then place all those connections on a board. This is just to do the JCM800 mod. Double that for the bass mod.

2) I can do the switch mod, email me at [email protected] for details. I'm starting to get busy with this, which is cool. Can't wait for my modded modules to make their way across the land. :)

If you don't want to do the switches, I can get you a faceplate for $25 plus shipping that doesn't have the switches or the 'mod by pete' writing.To install it you'll have to take all the knobs off, loosen the pots and remove your old faceplate.

Pete

I love the mods, I'd just make 1 tiny suggestion. Throw the G-Major in the trash. I have one, it sounds "alright", its hard to find a good pedal of sturdy quality to run with and the nobs break off so easy if you travel anywhere with it. Love the rest of the rig though man, looks fantastic.