Pimp my RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a bit shocked myself at how much better the Combo was with replacement speakers, but certain speakers are always better in some applications than others. The T75's rarely shine for me alone in a combo, particularly if it's not a sealed cab.

Today I bought a speaker cable and took the speaker out of the combo and put it back in the cab. While moving them around I realized the speaker I had put in the combo was actually the British lead. Not the veteran that I had thought. Anyway, it sounded great. In the cab with the 12t back in the combo and running both speaker cab and the combo it is a great wall of sound. The 12t actually does sound good, it just needs to be mixed with others. Really fills out the lows and highs whereas the others are more mid ranged.

Jaded Faith said:
- Try the 6" patch cable in the parallel loop (assuming you do not use the Randall reverb, which I removed from the amp all together) and crank the FX knob on the front of your combo.....thank me later!

The suspense is KILLING me...what does that do?

fishstick...
I suspect its like so many loops... the 6' cable makes the signal as robust as it SHOULD be....because without it, there is always some loss in a loop.
Its a strange thing...you wouldnt think it makes a diff..but there are some amps that just sound awful unless you do this trick..they just lose so much robustness because of some lame-*** loop.
(owners of Peavey Bravo amps can say shout "Amen!!!" right about now).

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
fishstick...
I suspect its like so many loops... the 6' cable makes the signal as robust as it SHOULD be....because without it, there is always some loss in a loop.
Its a strange thing...you wouldnt think it makes a diff..but there are some amps that just sound awful unless you do this trick..they just lose so much robustness because of some lame-*** loop.

GtrGeorge

Hmmm....I'll give it a try see if I notice anything...thanks.

GtrGeorge! said:
fishstick...

GtrGeorge
I'll have to try this as well...we used to do this with Two Rock amps cause the loop messed with the tone and gain of that Dumble style circuit.
Thanks Rob....

I tried a 6" cable in the loop last night. I actually had to turn down from the previous time I played there.