Please Help Rm100 dead

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oathinc

Reaction score
Ok my Rm100 head died, last night, i checked all the fuses, tubes, and all, the tubes light and warm, fan comes on, if i blast the amp on the master i can hear a little sound that seems like it coming from the Output transformer, i hope this didnt go, Please help

yeah i think im gonna sell all the randall stuff and get a splawn nitro

oathinc said:
Ok my Rm100 head died, last night, i checked all the fuses,

did you check these?

ACFusesRM100.jpg

When my RM100 came to me....it was Dead on arrival. NOTHING. Only the red power light came on. It was one of the eternal fuses got bumped loose. I pulled them all and re-set them in their spots after checking them. It fired right up after that. No problems since. The fuses are pretty easy to get at. Just have pull the chasis out of the headshell. Freaking thing is HEAVY though! :shock:

Mailman1971 said:
Just have pull the chasis out of the headshell. Freaking thing is HEAVY though! :shock:

And getting the chassis back in is even more challenging, because the outter edges of the chassis pushes the headshell covering out through to the front where the modules and controls are located, four hands required unless you're lucky or more skilled than me.

I place the amp head, face down on a kitchen chair, remove the scews, and reach in and lift the chassis out by holding onto the back sides of the transformers, reverse the order to place it back in. (thats where the second set of hands comes in "handy") apologies for unintentional pun.

To solve to Tolex stuffing problem, I ran a piece of tape across the seams. Ugly? Yes, but a massive time saver and it's invisible once you're done.

oathinc said:
It was the 2 fuses under the midi board, im an idiot[/i]

You're not an idiot, its just not an obvious fix. My circuitboard burned up when those fuses blew and left me with the same symptom. Any idea what caused yours to blow?

i think i was bad power at a gig on friday night, i guess now its time for a voltage reg, maybe a monster 2500

These two fuses had me stumped before too. It seems like every time I take the amp out of its chassis some of the covering gets pulled out. Ive resorted to cutting the loose bits off.

the other thing I noticed is the tabs on the captured nuts that hold the chassis in the shell are always bending and causing the nut to drop out, and usually when its close to locating the last nut to fasten down with only five minutes before you're due on stage.

I don't think the idea of using a captured nut is a bad design, but the quality of metal used to capture the nut in my opinion is too soft to withstand the amount of weight of the head and the amount of traveling these heads typically see. I'll be looking for a higher quality part and upgrading the next time I have to tear it down.