pod2.0 Hi-Gain module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eedude

Reaction score
you know the pod2.0 Modern Higain model is pretty good... do you think we need an MTS modules that emulates that sound?

OK this is a little crazy, but what about a Pod HD module? A module with midi control and a bunch of the new HD models and effects. Maybe a 2 digit readout and 99 presets. That would still be fucking overkill. :lol:

i duno about the POD HD .... since the POD2.0 line6 changed the algorithms and other technology, I just don't think then new line 6 stuff is as warm as the old line 6 stuff...

The Modern hi gain became the SLO100 .look at pete Slodano .Salvado or the scary stock will get close only much better tone :D

eedude said:
i duno about the POD HD .... since the POD2.0 line6 changed the algorithms and other technology, I just don't think then new line 6 stuff is as warm as the old line 6 stuff...
Dude, are you serious? :?

Using the "the old stuff sounds better than this new stuff" thing on a digital modeler?

m0jo said:
eedude said:
Dude, are you serious? :?
no i'm just kidding around.... :wink: but, when I have more time i'll share a pod 2.0 setup that's cool...

Haha this is going all kinds of wrong! :lol:

BTW you're not the first one with that joke ;) but you had me there! haha

it would be kinda neat to cram a 2.0 into one bay w/midi control. The pod2.0 has a few very good tones. Also, it would get a little kick from the common preamp tube at the front end.

as a more practical implementation... just connect it in the loop with a midi switcher/looper or use the mute feature of rm100/pod and just use a line mixer...

I used a POD2.0 into a mesa 2:90 for a few years as my live rig. It sounds fantastic for metal. Leads are a little thin and that's what always kept me looking... but for rhythm it is super tight and the noise gate on the 2.0 works superbly. I still use the POD2.0 into a Classic 60 at rehearsal. For the money it's an amazing setup.

crankyrayhanky said:
This thread is a violation! Turn your eyes, look away!
There are children reading this thread...For shame!!!
Mom-covering-eyes-of-child-at-laptop1.jpg

Tube-less heathens!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Daryl, do you have some sort of subscription service that provides a picture that is relevant for every possible forum topic?

I just pay a $19.95 monthly installment to the guys in black suits, that won't tell me their names, and I get unlimited access. HBO and Showtime included!!!
Oh yeah...The downside is you have to have one of these little buggers installed in your cerebrum. It hurts like a *****, but you don't have to change batteries because it is powered by the chemical reactions between your neuro synapses. Sweet...
6434rew.jpg

Don't worry tube guys....My cerebellum runs off of a pair of 12AX7 tubes. :lol:

Daryl said:
I just pay a $19.95 monthly installment to the guys in black suits, that won't tell me their names, and I get unlimited access. HBO and Showtime included!!!
Oh yeah...The downside is you have to have one of these little buggers installed in your cerebrum. It hurts like a *****, but you don't have to change batteries because it is powered by the chemical reactions between your neuro synapses. Sweet...
6434rew.jpg

Try running a 5751 in the V1! That'll clear your thoughts right up! :lol:

m0jo said:
Daryl said:
6434rew.jpg

Try running a 5751 in the V1! That'll clear your thoughts right up! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tried the 5751 in V1. It really took the edge off.

bansheeburner said:
I say we get a solid state clean module!!! I love a good solid state clean sound. Line6 or roland would be nice. just my 2 cents
I'd be into that. I got an old Roland JC-120 that has a really good sound to it. I wouldn't mind seeing that as a modular option. It would probably be cheap to produce.