RANDALL RG100ES: questions and doubts

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teohatecrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum...my name is Matteo (called usually Teo) and I'm from Italy...

I proudly own a Randall rg100es (1987) head...but i have two questiond for you:

1. is that true that using an eq in the effect loop (using the distrsion channel), the loop or even the head itself will get broken? I think it's a bullshit but the head ex-owner prevent me from using effect (espeially stomp boxes) in the sen and return because of that. I have discussed these aspectss in a italian guitar forum and with a amp tech and everyone said it's false.

2. how to boos me up for solos? I usualy boost the head with a 10 bands ea (mxr eq) to get the Dime tone. I tried to boost me for solo using also a mxr zakk wylde OD in pre (so not using the fx loop) but perhaps I used too much gain from the head and nothin happened.
I will try with the same setup but using less gain from the head. Otherwise what I can use? a clean boost in the loop? a second eq in the loop?

If you want i can post video about my gear.

thankx a lot.

if your head is like mine in the back there are two 1/4'' jacks one that is a channel switch and the other is MVB. I have read that if you use a volume pedal in this jack it will give you a boost for lead, as long as you have that jack and its fully functional.

-Rel

reldvs said:
if your head is like mine in the back there are two 1/4'' jacks one that is a channel switch and the other is MVB. I have read that if you use a volume pedal in this jack it will give you a boost for lead, as long as you have that jack and its fully functional.

-Rel

I think my situation is rather different from yours or I have simply understood nothing! :roll:

I post you some images:

What do you think?

It may not help... but here is my take:

For Solos I just switch to my neck pickup. I don't know if it's the pickup or not, but mine will cut through the band very nicely. Make sure you're using the dirty channel.. the one I believe that says +6dB. I have a RG100ES as well and never have had this problem, but may be due to my guitar.

jimosity said:
You guys might be interested in this...
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=15833#15833

yes! that's right...hard to find however...tonight i'll try differnt settings with the boost pulled...for solos i'll use a eq in fx loop...

teohatecrew said:
jimosity said:
You guys might be interested in this...
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=15833#15833

yes! that's right...hard to find however...tonight i'll try differnt settings with the boost pulled...for solos i'll use a eq in fx loop...

Try the EQ in the loop for your rhythm tones and use the MXR in front to boost for solos......:D