Randall RM100 footswitch acting stupid

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SYNY5TER

Reaction score
Randall RM100
kind of obvious that my footswitch is not acting right.

i plug in my midi footswitch to my amp.and turns on and everything.

now when i hit the 3rd channel on the footswitch. nothing happens...
it just still stays on 1st.

and i hit the 2nd channel. still nothing happens.

when i manually hav to press the channels on the amp. im on 3rd channel. and when i hit the 2nd channel it goes up to 1st.

this may not make sense. im thinking about posting a video.

so how can i fix this problem

you may have it in the wrong midi port. theres 2 of them so make sure your in the right one

Dont know if this will work, but, did you try re-assigning the channels on the footswitch?

Select ch 1 on the FS.
Set the head to ch 1
press the front panel button for 3 sec.
Repeat for ch's 2 and 3

yes i kno theres two. one of them doesnt even turn on. and the other one doesnt even function correctly

hahaha actually now i understand wat ur trying to say droptrd.

Thank you droptrd.

also randalls youtube channel helped me out too.

wahoo! :twisted:

droptrd said:
Dont know if this will work, but, did you try re-assigning the channels on the footswitch?

Select ch 1 on the FS.
Set the head to ch 1
Repeat for ch's 2 and 3

Thank you so much for that, i tried that and it worked like a charm :). I have recently purchase a rm100 head to replace my rm100 combo because the combo is a ***** to transport because of the weight and bulkyness of it, but i still use the footswitch for the rm head. I had the same problem, channel 2 wasnt registering with the footswitch but 1 and 3 were and i have just used this method and it works, thank you.

droptrd said:

Select ch 1 on the FS.
Set the head to ch 1
Repeat for ch's 2 and 3

also how do you change your avatar form rm20 to rm100? thanks

Jaded Faith said:
also how do you change your avatar form rm20 to rm100? thanks
You have to post more. Welcome to the forum!

i have to post more replies in order to change the avatar? fair enough :), youve got a lynch box?i really want one but no where in the uk stocks them.

I had a Randall 4-button footswitch that wouldn't work 90 percent of the time. It turned out to be a cold solder joint on C1. I reflowed the solder on that capacitor and it has worked great since.