Randall RM100 vs. MESA Dual Rectifier

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mertal

Reaction score
Would you sell your secont amp you play with a other band, when it would be a MESA Dual Rectifier for a second Randall RM100???

I've got a first a MESA Dual Rectifier.. Yes, it's a very nice amp, but i've never found my sound for Trash Metal.. Even when you want play with effects in the Loop, your Mesa will reduce!

When I bought the Randall RM100 with the Grain, Mr. Sacry, Clean i've been wondered how simply you can get a brutal sound! Today i find my Randall even nicer in the Gain-Channel than the MESA..

What do you think?

I've been in 2 bands with guys that had Recifiers.

Too much gain! Even at lower (9 o' clock) settings.
Around here we call them "Rectum-Fires"

I think the MTS amps are the best for the money.
I suggest you have a module modded before you make your choice.
A real eye opener!

My 2?

I bought a Mesa Triple rectifier new in 1998 (obviously the 2-channel) and thought it was the best thing that I had ever heard. I sold it in April and haven't looked back. I currently run a Pete modded Ultra XL that in my opinion crushes my old Mesa. For what its worth.........

well i sold my single rectifier to get my first rm100 and the rm sounds great with some stock modules, but doesnt cut thru the mix like my mesa did. now this could be partly cause of the modules i have(kh-1, ultra,xtc) or the fact that the rm i got has el34's and my mesa had 6l6's, or maybe that i was playin thru a v30 loaded cab and this last practice i used my guitarists backup cab(randall 412 w jaguars)

its really your call in the end, but if i coulda kept both my single rec and get the rm i woulda.

jdr94 said:
well i sold my single rectifier to get my first rm100 and the rm sounds great with some stock modules, but doesnt cut thru the mix like my mesa did. now this could be partly cause of the modules i have(kh-1, ultra,xtc) or the fact that the rm i got has el34's and my mesa had 6l6's, or maybe that i was playin thru a v30 loaded cab and this last practice i used my guitarists backup cab(randall 412 w jaguars)

its really your call in the end, but if i coulda kept both my single rec and get the rm i woulda.
It's probably your speakers, because a Randall with EL34's should cut like a hot knife through snow ;). And watch how low your mids go ;) I find that higher presence and density have an overall scooping effect on the tone as well, so lowering them to around 10:00 yields a more cutting sound than having them at noon like I usually do.

jdr94 said:

Its the speakers for SURE.
My MTS stuff has always out cut any Recto I've played.

rm100 for sure with the ultra xl, only problem is the fizz/hum :?