randall RP2/200

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectifier

Reaction score
anybody ever use these?.. or have heard them...i see them going for cheap these days since discontinued.

I had one. They're pretty good power amps for guitar but they just don't compare to a tube power amp. Better than a regular PA power amp, but still very sterile sounding. If you're on a budget, even a used Carvin TS100 is better than the RP2/200.

Greg

I've got an old Randall RRM 2-80 (Randall OEM'ed these to Rockman for the first Rockman power amps) that I'll put in a rack with my RM4. Should be ready for pics and sound clips in the next few weeks.

..on how that power amp worked with your Randall MTS gear.
I am always looking for a better,lighter way to go with my RM4. I am currently using my Rt2/50...but its **** heavy and I would consider other things.
I was already severly turned away from the Crate power block...which seemed like the right tool for the job...but EVERYONE seems to say they were designed so poorly that they dont survive for very long, if AT ALL. What a shame..they sounded good, to my ears.
Anyway, a small, light power amp...any advice greatly appreciatted.
btw: I owned one of the Rockman amps (the XP100)...quite cool.

When I tested the RRM with my RM4 it sounded quite good. Just need to the time to get everything in rack and wired up.

GtrGeorge! said:
..on how that power amp worked with your Randall MTS gear.
I am always looking for a better,lighter way to go with my RM4. I am currently using my Rt2/50...but its **** heavy and I would consider other things.
I was already severly turned away from the Crate power block...which seemed like the right tool for the job...but EVERYONE seems to say they were designed so poorly that they dont survive for very long, if AT ALL. What a shame..they sounded good, to my ears.
Anyway, a small, light power amp...any advice greatly appreciatted.
btw: I owned one of the Rockman amps (the XP100)...quite cool.
Hmmm, I heard of a couple of people on UG who used the Powerblock for a reamping project to avoid using an attenuator and they've been having great results. Am I thinking of the same thing?