randall RT2/50 - can you/how do you bridge it to 100w mono

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaGoo

Reaction score
might be in the market for this power amp, but i dont need stereo (to clarify, i would need two rm4s running into each side respectively of the rt2/50 for stereo right? e.g. 1 rm4 would run into only 1 side of the poweramp?)

ive seen some reviews saying its possible to run it bridged 100watts mono. but the user manual does not say how or hint that this is even possible. i know i could just settle for 50 watts since i only have 1 4x12 cab, but i'd like the flexibility to justify spending $1600 for a rm4/modules/rt2/50 vs's the $1100 for a rm100/modules

eddie

I wondered that for a long time myself and came to the conclusion I don't think it's possible to run it bridged....

I think it's 2x50W per side = 100W total output power.

right but i've seen people say you can run it 100 mono........

"May be run in stereo, 50 watt channel-switching, or 100 watt bridged. "

perhaps this is just misinformation or i am understanding it incorrectly

It has a stereo switch on the back, I assume when it''s switched to mono it's all 100 watts cooking

I own one but don't have an rm4 (yet) so not much experience with this piece

The RT2/50 cannot be used bridged/mono into a single speaker load. If you can have a stereo cabinet, you simply set the amp to stereo, connect channel output to one side of the cabinet and the other amp channel to the other side of the cabinet. Use the Channel one input and you will have 50 watts per side for a total of 100.

bruce egnater said:
The RT2/50 cannot be used bridged/mono into a single speaker load. If you can have a stereo cabinet, you simply set the amp to stereo, connect channel output to one side of the cabinet and the other amp channel to the other side of the cabinet. Use the Channel one input and you will have 50 watts per side for a total of 100.

so i can input a mono signal and have it output stereo at 50 watts per side?

awesomeness

but in my case, my only cab, although stereo, is a single 4x12. pushing 50 watts into a 2x12 might be a little much eh? perhaps i could just be careful with the volume.

Yeah, I run my LB into a quad of Greenbacks. Just use common sense. If you're playing loud enough to blow the speakers it's too loud anyway. I can't handle 110 db anymore.

Too loud??? There's a such thing?

Oh I just read your disclaimer. I am under 40 and I do play thrash. :)

I have some classic lead 80s I guess they're 80 watts? Should be ok then

Eddie

Just wait until I get my lap steel and telecaster. :shock:

I have a friend who says she's gonna hurt me if I do that. I do have a little country in me. I lived in Northern Alabama and Texas for a bit. It scarred me for life.