Randall tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenneth

Reaction score
hi guys! some new **** updated at www.myspace.com/kennethjonssonband
have a listen and leave a comment !

cheers kenneth

also, thank you randall for making the best amp in the world

Thats a beast of a set up there. Liking the guitar widdlyness. You a fan of Matius Ecklund or however you spell it. Or necrophagist or spastik ink? Just wondering.
Sounds great though which Randall products are you using for that sound? Couldn't quite make out what from that pic.

METALjim said:
Thats a beast of a set up there. Liking the guitar widdlyness. You a fan of Matius Ecklund or however you spell it. Or necrophagist or spastik ink? Just wondering.
Sounds great though which Randall products are you using for that sound? Couldn't quite make out what from that pic.

for the clip first clip im using the randall mts head, just a rectifier module, but i did use the seymour duncan twintube mayham pedal on their request, they wanted me to make a demo with one of their pedals, sounds really good though!

i like mathias eklundh, not a very big fan though, but he is really awesome indeed!
my biggest hero is steve morse i guess! but also admire guitarists like malmsteen, vai and so on!

right now i am listening alot to joe bonamassa and dave kilminster, dave is a friend and mentor, check him out!

im happy you liked the stuff on my myspace site, the quality is a bit lame but i will update some mixed songs as soon as my album is done!

take care / ken

Yeah Dave kilminster used to do a regular article in a guitar magazine in the UK i think it was guitar techniques. He's a really great player. At least i think it was him.
You've manged to get a great sound from the treadplate. From what i've heard before of it it hasn't been too hot. Maybe its the pedal ou played through.
Great playing chief!

METALjim said:
Yeah Dave kilminster used to do a regular article in a guitar magazine in the UK i think it was guitar techniques. He's a really great player. At least i think it was him.
You've manged to get a great sound from the treadplate. From what i've heard before of it it hasn't been too hot. Maybe its the pedal ou played through.
Great playing chief!

I?ve learned that the rectifire module can sound awesome, you just need to take the time to work on the settings, i use to put the master volume at max, and the preamp module pretty low, also the distortion at 11 a clock,

i love the rectifire module, and my mts, couldent live without it!
check out www.myspace.com/the_citadel no pedals or effects, just my dear old randall :)

kenneth said:
METALjim said:
Great playing chief!

I?ve learned that the rectifire module can sound awesome, you just need to take the time to work on the settings, )

I keep hearing people say that but all the knobs at 12 o'clock is pretty close to a good tone..a few tweaks from there and it's a great tone ...

..after making sure the right resistor and capacitor are in the input section of course :D

totally right

JKD said:
kenneth said:
METALjim said:
Great playing chief!

I?ve learned that the rectifire module can sound awesome, you just need to take the time to work on the settings, )

I keep hearing people say that but all the knobs at 12 o'clock is pretty close to a good tone..a few tweaks from there and it's a great tone ...

..after making sure the right resistor and capacitor are in the input section of course :D

kenneth said:
check out www.myspace.com/the_citadel no pedals or effects, just my dear old randall :)

Killer..is that MTS Recto stuff? :twisted:

yep, its the rectifire module! sounds awesome, love it to death, it sounds even better on our pre prod for the next album!

JKD said:
kenneth said:

Killer..is that MTS Recto stuff? :twisted:

Very interesting stuff there my friend. Very eclectic mix with the first clip on here. Very original sounding. Is Randall the heavy metal amp of choice? I have heard blackface clips and like that sound. We dont play metal but I like it for my rythym style. I will keep my ear out for more. Great job and good luck.

R Emmer of High Tyde
PRS and Godin Guitars
Crate, Fender, Randall combo