Recent MTS Rig Updates!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKMV12

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It has been quite a while since I have posted here. I have been super busy with college the past several years but I have not been out the game. In fact I have been incrementally expanding and improving my rig. I thought I'd share the latest changes I have made.

First off I worked with a guy named John Hindsale in Indiana who made me a custom head shell for my RM80 so I could get it out of the combo. I took the dimensions and designed it myself in a CAD program (engineering background) and he took my concepts and made them a reality for a **** good price! He runs his business himself and his turnaround time is kinda slow (in my case it was) but he does deliver a good product. I would definitely recommend him for anyone looking for a head or speaker cab for a reasonable price.

http://www.thecabguy.com/

10300226_646338692087162_1385607331466712200_n.jpg

10256820_646338765420488_4539738785263690251_n.jpg

Next I got an old Marshall 1960 Lead cabinet with UK made Celestion 30's to complement my recent head conversion. I had never realized just how much the cabinet/speakers contribute to the tone until I went to try out a bunch of cabs at a local store. The Marshall blew everything else out of the water!

I recently picked up a Digitech RDS-1900 delay and Boss/Roland RRV-10 reverb from a local musician. I am in the process of figuring out how to best use them but first impressions are good.

Lastly I won a RM100 on eBay for $200!! I was suspicious about its functionality so it was a bit of a gamble. Fortunately the only thing I had to do was replace the power tubes and WOW does it sound MEAN! :evil: I just learned about the parallel FX loop jumper trick and I am impressed with how much it can add. It can really fatten up the sound. It is a little beat up on the outside, but I plan on getting a custom head made for it anyway. See the whole family (a few of the guitars are not visible):

10175061_646316102089421_278547196868162693_n.jpg

Now I need to get two more modules to fill those empty slots :D I am thinking either a JF Erect, Mark X, OD Special, Stein+, ... (basically all of JF's mods :lol: ). I am leading more towards the Mesa mods b/c I love the Mesa tone. I used to have an old Erect and loved it. I've always wanted to try a Mark mod.

Anyone else make any rig changes lately?

Take Care,
John

BigBrewtus said:
I dig that RM80's looks man. Bravo on the design.
That is one good lookin' DEAN!
Thanks man. I saw a few design on the web that had wood front panels and really liked the idea. The wood trim around the handles and the rear wood strip really brings the whole thing together. Though I cannot stress enough how great Mr. Hinsdale did on this; I just gave him mounting dimensions and a few 3D views of the concept and he made it work without any additional information.

Which guitar are you talking about? The purple one of the gold one? Both are DBZ guitars. I got the purple les paul style guitar a year ago and installed some BKP Black Hawks in it. It sounds amazing and feels great to play. And it looks stunning! I like the flamed maple top on the body and headstock.

For some reason I really dig those old Boss half rack units.

Latest posts