• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RESOLVED - buriedorburned please contact me

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodge

Reaction score
I am still waiting on the module, and no correspondence since mid November from you.

Thanks

*** Jan 24/11 - item received and works well ***
*** RESOLVED ***

oh, now I remember that user name, he's in the UK.
He seemed legit, probably held up in holiday shipping

johnodge said:
Since November 17th? Highly unlikely...

I've tried to PM him here, with no luck in responses...
Is he reading your PMs? If the PMs are disappearing from your Outbox then he's reading them and simply ignoring you (not good!) . . .

Yes, he has read my PM's sent in November, but not the one I sent 3 weeks ago...

I am starting to get worried. I sent him my modded (DF/Gigmods) Mr. Scary in trade for a JF VHT....

I have had a previous good dealing with him in the past, but this one is very troubling to me...

I still have that same problem with him. I purchased a module in April of 2010 and yet to receive it. I sent him countless PMs and email with no results from him. Last email was in September and then nothing. Hope it works out for you.

nothingeined said:
I purchased a module in April of 2010 and yet to receive it. I sent him countless PMs and email with no results from him.
April? Holy ****! I'd say after 9 months with still no product, and 3+ months with no contact that it's safe to say you got screwed and that this guy belongs on the recently-discussed "**** List" (if we ever make one) . . . :evil:

To the gallows with these chumps!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
tomb-gallows-at.jpg

Spineless thieves... :x :x :x

Hearing about these chumps really... upsets me. That wasn't the original phrase I chose.

If you've dealt with this guy before then you know where he lives right?
I'd be giving the police a call! If there's two of you guys that've gotten screwed then surely they have to act on this?!?!
This is exactly why I keep a copy of all correspondence with sellers/buyers until I know everything is ok - if something goes wrong then I have the entire sales history 'on paper' to back me up, not just my word vs theirs...
I feel sorry for you guys, I got screwed over $1k on a Marshall back when I first joined eBay, I'm really much more cautious since then, but I still worry!

thrashanova said:
If you've dealt with this guy before then you know where he lives right?
I'd be giving the police a call! If there's two of you guys that've gotten screwed then surely they have to act on this?!?!
This is exactly why I keep a copy of all correspondence with sellers/buyers until I know everything is ok - if something goes wrong then I have the entire sales history 'on paper' to back me up, not just my word vs theirs...
I feel sorry for you guys, I got screwed over $1k on a Marshall back when I first joined eBay, I'm really much more cautious since then, but I still worry!
Yeah!!! Don't let this go unanswered guys!!! Get the proper authorities involved and stick it to these little thieving bitches!!! If that dude from the UK thinks he can hide across the pond, that is just some punk *** ****. Maybe we can come up with certain terms to these type of deals that assure mutual security for both parties. Using Paypal is a good one, but for trades it is a lot more sketchy. I hate to hear about this stuff because we got such a cool thing going here and it sucks to have to be watching for bad guys all the time. I know who some of the good guys are and I am totally grateful for that. I have had nothing but the finest quality of deals with people on this forum and that feels really good. To transition to a more positive vibe, I would like to point out that fraud and deceit seems to be out of the norm for this forum. Stay tight fellas, blow the horn on the assholes, and everything should go alright. Just a side note: I always go check out the "Good Guys List" before I purchase from someone that I haven't dealt with or have seen doing good business. You can search a name and find out a pretty good amount that way. Peace.

Daryl said:
I always go check out the "Good Guys List" before I purchase from someone that I haven't dealt with or have seen doing good business. You can search a name and find out a pretty good amount that way.
Always a good idea . . . but then again, according to the other very recent "scandal" thread, you would have found riff19's name on that list several times. Unfortunately, posting praise on the "Good Guys List" is the only system we've right now. I still say we need to maintain an "******* List" here on this forum . . . if we ever do I wonder who'll be the innaugual entrant on that list! :wink:

Would a police report actually do something? I'm all for it as long as it at least gives this guy a headache at the very least...Don't know what the UK laws are as far as how much $$$ must be stolen to act...Perhaps inflating the costs of the modules to "new" pricing would be a good idea... :?:

I've dealt a few things with Ben (Buried or Burned) over the last couple of years and all has been ok .

I sold him my Lynchbox , I bought two modules off him another time and then I traded a seven string guitar against two Randall RM4s he bought cheap from a dealer that was closing down here in the UK.

Ok - I have real world visibility beyond the forum as I run a guitar business (www.felineguitars.com will give you the details of that ) and whilst that might encourage others to have more straightforward dealings with me , I dont see any pattern of issues from Ben in the past

I know he got burned buying a Randall RM4 from a forum user in the USA last year, and it caused him a lot of upset but I dont think he would do that to another forum user himself (only IN MY OPINION - sadly I can't vouch for everything)

As far as post goes we have had SERIOUS problems here in the UK
Our postal system pretty much fell apart in December because of exceptionally bad weather (for the UK) .
I know it is something that US postal workers may find a bit pathetic as heavy snow never stopped mail in New York.
We had some pretty bad weather in late November and it closed down the mail for nearly 10 days
Just as they were about to get back on course we had another two weeks of snow in mid December.
As well as affecting mail, our railways, roads and airlines were all affected - and a lot of mail is moved around by these methods too.
There are many people still waiting on Xmas gifts purchased online to arrive as they have gotten caught up in a backlog, and I am still waiting on some orders from suppliers which are caught in the system , so it may be that your module is also caught up in the backlog.

Ben may have been away on a trip for the last 10 days over Xmas too visiting family or on holiday and not be online checking stuff

If that were the case he may well be back to normal this week and you'll have more luck contacting him.

Good luck

Maybe this highlights the need for us all to find a common shipping method that is signed for and trackable (whether coming from the USA to Europe, Europe to USA or internally within USA or EU).

I'm lucky in that I have only had successful transactions via forums, although I did have an agonising wait for an RM4 from Canada - which arrived eventually - it was just on a very slow shipping service.

I think that most transactions go through very smoothly on the whole, statistically so many transactions per hundred will have shipping delays or issues and in a large population you will always sadly have an occasional dishonest person.

Speaking of population - we have 61 million people in the UK alone and Europe is home to 500 million people - whilst the USA has 307 million across all it's states.

There is a big market for Randall stuff here in Europe and limiting sales to Lower 48 states limits your marketplace somewhat .I know that often he hassle of shipping outside the USA can be off-putting
Maybe we just need to find, easy reliable, hassle free shipping methods that are cost effective and let each other know about them- via a sticky in the classifieds section. We can list the prices for shipping single modules etc (with insurance?) so everybody is on a level playing field.