• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RESOLVED - buriedorburned please contact me

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this dude has been ignoring me for a year on a module that never showed up. he'll pop up here every now and again and promise to return money, but never does, super shady individual.

OK, so that's the OP,nothingeined and mikal69...all from very different time periods, so IMHO, that makes him a scammer and thief, not a victim of weather or slow shipping.

Yes - now presented with that much info I can see your point &
I hate dishonesty as much as anyone.

I was just sharing my own experience which had been ok - but thinking about the evidence it does paint a very different picture.

Bad weather is no excuse for months of poor or no communication. Sorry feline - not trying to dump on you, but those are all bullshit excuses . . .

HughJasol said:
Bad weather is no excuse for months of poor or no communication. Sorry feline - not trying to dump on you, but those are all bullshit excuses . . .

No - I agree with you
I hadn't considered all the other posts when I was saying about the delays
I read the first six posts and dived in too quickly with my own experiences with the seller and also recent experiences with shipping in UK
Taking time to read the others - I would agree that a lack of communication like that is a bad sign.

I have had an experience myself with a parcel I sent going missing and taking 6 weeks to turn up because a courier had mislabelled it with the wrong bar-code when transferring it to their international service
But I was in daily contact with the customer by email (and bugged the courier company several times a day).
It got resolved in the end and the customer was happy that I had worked so hard to chase it up.

I recall I spoke up on his behalf last year when I knew he was away in South Africa for the Soccer World Cup (as I had just gotten the RM4s from him the week before he went and he was telling me about his trip)
I had assumed that he sorted that out properly upon his return.
I think that issue may be with the module for nothingeined.
Really the only info that I had was that he was away and because I'd just done an ok deal I assumed he was taking care of his business in a proper way.
I feel bad that the info may have mislead at all :(

Well, I emailed burriedorburned and now response yet. I do have his address as well, and should I not hear from him soon, I will be contacting the 'bobbies.

I am screwed as far as a recourse, as it was a trade (a Jaded Faith Fig faced VHT, which, I wonder if he even had it in his possession in the first place) for my Gigmods, then Racksystems, modded Mr Scary. He did confirm, back in early November, that he did get the Mr Scary, and the VHT had been returned to him because of Canada Customs. If you fill out the shipping info correctly, Canada Customs shouldn't have an issue with it. For ALL the stuff I have shipped and received, I have never had an issue with shipping or customs, until now (apparently).

As for the various shipping companies and postal service mislabeling and slowing down service due to the weather... well, all I can say is that is bad luck, but doesn't explain lack of communication.

Communication is KEY for this Forum's users to continue to do business with each other... I bet you 99.9% of us are straight up folks... but I've been RIP's by 'him who shall not be named', which didn't stop me from dealing on this forum. But this last one I making me rethink it, and just sticking to Ebay...

johnodge said:
Well, I emailed burriedorburned and now response yet. I do have his address as well, and should I not hear from him soon, I will be contacting the 'bobbies.

I am screwed as far as a recourse, as it was a trade (a Jaded Faith Fig faced VHT, which, I wonder if he even had it in his possession in the first place) for my Gigmods, then Racksystems, modded Mr Scary. He did confirm, back in early November, that he did get the Mr Scary, and the VHT had been returned to him because of Canada Customs. If you fill out the shipping info correctly, Canada Customs shouldn't have an issue with it. For ALL the stuff I have shipped and received, I have never had an issue with shipping or customs, until now (apparently).

As for the various shipping companies and postal service mislabeling and slowing down service due to the weather... well, all I can say is that is bad luck, but doesn't explain lack of communication.

Communication is KEY for this Forum's users to continue to do business with each other... I bet you 99.9% of us are straight up folks... but I've been RIP's by 'him who shall not be named', which didn't stop me from dealing on this forum. But this last one I making me rethink it, and just sticking to Ebay...

FWIW, he did have that VHT module directly from me....I know that doesn't help any...Sorry....

I got a PM from him on Dec 12 offering a modded Mr Scary:

"Hey, i've seen you're in the UK, you interested in a twice modded Mr. Scary, modded once by Pete Turley (gigmods) for clarity and warmth, then again by Dave Friedman for the H.B.E mod.

So it's a Mr. Scary HBE.

Sounds incredible, but sadly i'v gone back to EnGL and this is my only piece left.

Let me know if interested, otherwise I'll have to look into shipping it to U.S for sales."

I didn't have any ads up indicating I was looking for a module, I guessed he was randomly spamming.

If the guy is in a band then people know where he will be on certain nights - maybe someone local can speak to him?

crankyrayhanky said:
^ you may want to adjust your signature, you have him listed as a good guy :shock:
Yeah get this guy off of the "Good Deals with:" part of your signature, man.
I really agree with everybody that emphasizes good communication. Stuff happens and when you keep everyone well informed of where things are at, it really eases the situation. People are pretty reasonable as long as you let them know the situation and that someone is still there to talk to until everything is settled. Communication is all we got when we are making these deals blindly and trustingly. Our words are our bonds.

Bushey Police Station
43 Sparrows Herne
Bushey
Hertfordshire
WD23 1AF
Phone(s): 0845 3300 222
Always dial 999 in an emergency

Web pages: www.herts.police.uk

Station opening hours:
Monday to Saturday - 10am - 2pm
Closed at all other times.

Don't forget the country code...011

HughJasol said:
cold Machine said:
Station opening hours:
Monday to Saturday - 10am - 2pm
Closed at all other times.
:lol: . . . "To Protect and Serve (4 hours a day, 6 days a week)"
To protect and serve as long as it doesn't interfere with tea time... :lol:

oh my god, i've been cascaded in my absence from the forum.

I must admitt, i'm slightly apalled, and tickled by the fact someone put up a local police station, but not my local one.

This is very odd, I've have been a long time meber on here, and I was ripped off for $540 on here, as I'm sure may people remember.

I have not ripped this member off, as i'm sure he remembers his module didn't turn up here for over a month, and I thought he'd ripped me off.

This post is very shocking, and disapointing.

This is totally fucked, I got fucked over on here big time and now i'm the "scammer".
Right, to the two members who say i'm ignoring them, put your paypal emails on here, and I'll fucking refund you now. I have NOT received any email from you on my yahoo account, which is where I emailed you from.

I haven't requented this site much in the last months, as I left Randall for Engl amps. But I bloody wish I had, because this is a fucking joke.

Jonathan cheers for the nice words.

honestly after obviously being wuite absent minded, and not coming on here for a short period of time, I thought the VHT had arrived, and like I said I was an absent minded twat.

To both nothingtogain & mickel69, please put your paypal emails up here, and I will promptly refund you for your costs for both modules.

I will get onto UPS tomorrow about the VHT and sort this out.

I'm no scammer, and definately don't want people thinking that of me.

To quote Skellington jack, " I hope there's time to make things right".