REVEALED!! Mystery Module!! First one made!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crate Stealth.. Now if it was the Lee Jackson designed Crate stealth I would be getting one myself. Ok probably not but it's a novel idea. We are all artists in some way or another and all use different brushes to paint our sonic canvas. If you dig it play on. If you don't move along there is nothing to see here.

SALVAGED said:
Captain MTS said:
Just making sure everyone is playing nice....Continue....

Hey Captain MTS!!! Can you sign my module for me? It needs rescued first though... I found a note, saying it was kidnapped & tied up on the train tracks, next to some studio on Hollywood Blvd... I don't know what to do!

Somebody please provide a "proof of life" photo of my module, so I will know if it's ok... pleeeeaaase?

:lol:
Bahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :?
Oh, my bad. You were serious.

BigBrewtus said:
Bahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :?
Oh, my bad. You were serious.

YEAH, I was serious!! Help, Captain MTS!!! Where are you?!?!
:cry:

train.jpg

Kapo_Polenton said:
To me it sounds a bit like the mic was too straight on the speaker and the treble was set high.. lead tone sounded good though. I think it might be a bit unfair to throw it out completely based on one clip and the poster's preference for how he likes his EQ settings. I'm more of a boosted tones type of guy as i find it records smoother and tightens things up.
With the boosting of tones, if I have to use a pedal to get a tighter tone, I'm not gonna use that amp or module.
All the tones I use come from a raw amp tone that I'm already loving.
Only reason I'd use a boost is if I need more gain/sustain/saturation, but then if I need more gain, why don't I just use a module that has the tone and gain I want. Or mod it.
Just how I work, but maybe I'm spoilt with too many modules. :?

^ I think that approach works when you're cooking those power tubes on loud volumes, but the closer to bedroom volume I am, the more I tend to seek out a clean boost- on any module. Helps put back some of that liveliness that is missing on low volumes

Captain MTS said:
OK stay calm... I'm on my way to move that train out of the way!

Thank you, Captain MTS!! You saved the day!! No module deserves to be tied up to the tracks like that... :lol:

ibenhad said:
Crate Stealth.. Now if it was the Lee Jackson designed Crate stealth I would be getting one myself. Ok probably not but it's a novel idea. We are all artists in some way or another and all use different brushes to paint our sonic canvas. If you dig it play on. If you don't move along there is nothing to see here.
The Crate Stealth was actually pretty cool. My favorite Crate by far was the Vintage Club. They made combos with a 1x15 and 3x10! Cool stuff. They also had that TDP single rack space tube preamp that actually sounded quite nice.
Maybe someone should make a module of my old stand by Peavey RockMaster tube preamp!

audiomidijace said:
ibenhad said:
The Crate Stealth was actually pretty cool. My favorite Crate by far was the Vintage Club. They made combos with a 1x15 and 3x10! Cool stuff. They also had that TDP single rack space tube preamp that actually sounded quite nice.
Maybe someone should make a module of my old stand by Peavey RockMaster tube preamp![/quo

Yeah,I bought a vintage club for cleans when I had a Soldano to A/B...was blown away at how great the OD sounded on it....very hotrodded JCM800 tones...I actually wound up using it live for alot of shows.....The only problem I have with them is they were not very reliable....I had mine fixed twice and it still had issues with the input jack,which was a common problem with these amps....I actually spoke with a guy that helped design the amps and he told me that was on eif the things they had to do in teh design to cut costs.....I still have the head,just doesnt work right....and I dont really want to invest money in it,resale value is not that great to justify fixing it and with the rm100 I just wouldnt use it....but it has amazing tone..bnoth clean and dirty...sounds as good as any modded Marshall

audiomidijace said:
Maybe someone should make a module of my old stand by Peavey RockMaster tube preamp!

HA! I have one of those too!! Earlier this summer, I talked to Rob about adding that tone as a switchable feature on my JF PV VIL. He said he thought he could do it... Although, I backed down once I got my Gigmods Ultra. It's scary how close that module can get to the Rockmaster. The Rockmaster tone, is seriously good, in my opinion!! 8)

alowerdeep said:
Yeah,I bought a vintage club for cleans when I had a Soldano to A/B...was blown away at how great the OD sounded on it....very hotrodded JCM800 tones...I actually wound up using it live for alot of shows.....The only problem I have with them is they were not very reliable....

I haven't personally played one of these... but I keep hearing people talk about how good they sound. Crate's reliability issues, are the reason I wanted a Blue Voodoo module instead of another real Blue Voodoo... Heck, it was about the same cost... :lol:

frigolajm said:
What did Rob charge for the blu juju? I love the sound!

I don't remember the exact amount... but it was reasonable (about the same as his other mod prices). Glad you like it! JayDA has it now... Last I heard, it gets a good amount of play-time... especially for metal.

Man, just now seeing this thread. Very cool. Just dug a Rockmaster out of the closet and dusted it off as well. :twisted:

frigolajm said:
What did Rob charge for the blu juju? I love the sound!

I asked and he told me 165 + donor, i will eventually pull the trigger on one of those too but i have other needs first

Latest posts