REVEALED!! Mystery Module!! First one made!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m0jo said:
Get in touch with a different modder ;)

Thanks for the referral, Mojo.

I've been talking to Rob about it for quite some time though... and he's already been putting time into it over the Spring & Summer months... I just haven't pulled the trigger to do it yet... since I have an MP-1 already, it just hasn't been a priority for me. I've been a huge ADA fan for the last 11 years, and this is the 5th one I've owned! I guess I owe it to myself to go ahead & do it...

Hey Rob!! I need your help again!! :lol:

Disciple said:
Crate Blue Voodoo

That's what I was getting at too....Sounding blue...

When he mentioned red, I remembered Sammy Hagar had a Red Voodoo version....I still own my Blue Voodoo and this just sounds like it....Trace modded it years ago and it's the only head I've kept over the years....And no, I never expected to like, let alone keep, a Crate....But that's the tone I hear....I love it....I has to be that!

Good ear Disciple...Now comes the part where we find out it's not the Blue Voodoo.... :lol:

Graham Pearson said:
Oh, now I get it ... it a Silvertone Eddie Cochran
HAHA!! Nope!! :lol:

Disciple said:
Crate Blue Voodoo
Nnnnn... oh maaaaan... :cry: You got it! :lol: Sorry I had Rob mutilate your KH3... :oops: it's your own doing... your price was too good to pass up AND you included JJ's. :lol:

I'll post a pic in a few minutes... Next week, I'm planning to have a friend take better pics of it (I'm a lousy photographer).[/img]

Here she is!! It's called the "Grate Blu JuJu"... cloned after the underrated Crate Blue Voodoo & Red Voodoo amps. The only difference between the Red & Blue version, is the EQ. The Blu JuJu has both voicings, with the flip of the "RED ROK'R" switch. The Blue mode nails the 2 Crate Blue Voodoo 60 heads I used to own.

Thanks to Jaded Faith, for making a module for me that others may have scoffed at... 8)

And thanks to RockstarNick for the killer faceplate. 8)

In the sound clip, the left-side rhythm guitar was using the Blue voicing, with a slightly scooped mid & boosted highs & lows... and the right-side ryhthm guitar was using the Red voicing, with the whole EQ set at noon.

Being a modded Randall, it will probably be more reliable than a Crate... Just guessing... :)

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

Right on, glad my guess was right :) I must've missed your reply there Matt earlier skimming through posts.

I played the crap out of a Blue Voodoo years back at my local music store everytime I took my guitars in for tune ups with my tech who worked there it was always there cause sadly not many people liked it. But it did have a cool tone you just had to dial it in right - I dug them.

Great job Rob sounds killer! Glad to see my KH3 live on through a first of a module.

Awesome clip,playing and module!
Another masterpiece from Rob. I wish he would slow down on new ideas ,I can't save money fast enough to purchase all I want.

Same here! The local store where I used to live, ALWAYS had a Blue Voodoo just sitting there... I eventually bought it. :D

A friend of mine recently told me the definition of "Grate" was listed as: To shred or grind... but it also said: to irriate, to annoy, & harsh. I guess that definition fits the Blue Voodoo perfectly, depending on your tastes!! :lol:

Disciple said:
I played the crap out of a Blue Voodoo years back at my local music store everytime I took my guitars in for tune ups with my tech who worked there it was always there cause sadly not many people liked it. But it did have a cool tone you just had to dial it in right - I dug them.

I always like some Crate stuff. I just sold my BV120H when I got my RM100. I still have my GX900H Excalibur as my "plug the RP-12" into because it's so clean it's great for pedals. Your module sounds great!!

Thank you!!

Just noticed your sig... WOW... you really are a fan of Rob's work! 8)

davetheslave said:
Awesome clip,playing and module!
Another masterpiece from Rob. I wish he would slow down on new ideas ,I can't save money fast enough to purchase all I want.

Thanks, man!! I think it sounds GRATE too!! :lol:
warlok said:
Your module sounds great!!

Hey Michael... Were these the large thumbscrews you sent by accident? If so, and you want them back, just let me know... I'd be willing to trade them for a set of black thumbscrews...

cool that someone thought enough if the BV to have a module made...they are very underrated....had one for years and only sold it when I got into the mts line.....would have never guessed it was a BV,but it doesnt really sound like a BV to me....still cool though.....BV's are great because they have the smoother OD of MArshall and that tight and articulate chunck of a recto......makes we want to get another one....

The rhythm tone sounded...well, really lo-fi...not enjoyable to me at all...but the lead really popped. 8)