Rig help with Pod HD500, RM4 and poweramp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyze said:
I can get a kinda workaround with the HD500 turning off the effects loop (which essentially turns off the RM4) but it still feels like its bleeding thru, like its not a real bypass..

This is what you stated and what I and apparently more people translate to having the RM4 in the HD's FX loop

M0jo's comment is how it should work correctly
If it isn't, stop blaming the RM4 and look at that HD

If you put the HD solely into the RM4's fxloop
the module running will color the HD's Preamp sims and yes, they won't sound like they did when the HD was stand-alone
No you can't bypass the RM4's modules, just as you can't bypass the preamp of a $3k Soldano SLO
(without using the 4-cable method)
Again, stop blaming the RM4, it's working as intended

Nightdare said:
Skyze said:
I can get a kinda workaround with the HD500 turning off the effects loop (which essentially turns off the RM4) but it still feels like its bleeding thru, like its not a real bypass..

This is what you stated and what I and apparently more people translate to having the RM4 in the HD's FX loop

M0jo's comment is how it should work correctly
If it isn't, stop blaming the RM4 and look at that HD

If you put the HD solely into the RM4's fxloop
the module running will color the HD's Preamp sims and yes, they won't sound like they did when the HD was stand-alone
No you can't bypass the RM4's modules, just as you can't bypass the preamp of a $3k Soldano SLO
(without using the 4-cable method)
Again, stop blaming the RM4, it's working as intended
Ah I missed that.

So the only problem then is the bleedthrough.
That should be in the HD500 then, like I said take a look at the level.
(and even with the level set correctly: don't run everything wide open on the RM4)

I believe there are some updates available for the HD500, maybe that might fix the issue. (as its probably a bug in the software)

A thought regarding mojo's connection method and more modules. When/if you get the bleed through issue resolved, and aquire 3+ more modules (it's an addiction), you could keep this same wiring setup and achieve the same results. Say for example you hate every Rectifier module out there. You could have your RM4 modules for your Fender & Marshall tones & use the POD's amp sim (with FX loop out/no RM4) for your rectifier tones. And obviously that goes for any preamp that you feel the MTS modules don't work for you (assuming the POD sim does a better job).

Hamner1 said:
A thought regarding mojo's connection method and more modules. When/if you get the bleed through issue resolved, and aquire 3+ more modules (it's an addiction), you could keep this same wiring setup and achieve the same results. Say for example you hate every Rectifier module out there. You could have your RM4 modules for your Fender & Marshall tones & use the POD's amp sim (with FX loop out/no RM4) for your rectifier tones. And obviously that goes for any preamp that you feel the MTS modules don't work for you (assuming the POD sim does a better job).
Yep!

I have my RM4 and GSP1101 connected like this.
So I can choose between the internal GSP preamp or RM4.

Not that I do a lot though .. the Salvation Mods slay any model haha.
But it's good for some settings I don't use a lot. (like a super-clean sound for one song)

I run an HD500 / Lynch Box configuration live which is pretty similar. Please make sure you have the HD500 set to line level on the effects loop. It's a pretty powerful combination but I have 3 modules so don't really use the amp modelling stuff much. I do use some of the stombox models before and after the pre-amp though and this works well.

It's connected like this -

Guitar - HD500 Guitar Input ->
HD500 Clean Boost and Tube Screamer models ->
HD500 External Loop Out - > Lynch Box Input
Lynch Box Pre Amp (3 Modules switched from HD500 via MIDI)
Lynch Box Serial Loop Out -> HD500 External Loop In
HD500 Noise Gate
HD500 Delay/Modulation
HD500 Main Out (Mono) -> Lynch Box Serial Loop In

If I want to bypass the LB modules I simply set a patch where the External Loop is set to off. Works a treat.

I have to say the HD500 is the way to go (as opposed to the 300 and 400) as it has all the M13 effects and plenty of switches to control both the internal effects and the Lynch Box.

Hope this helped.

Cheers!

Latest posts